PRIMAL SCREAM

THE RACONTEURS

MAXIMO PARK

Edited by fourstarfizzle

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My main beef is Arctic "NME's new cash cow" Monkeys being right before Muse. They should be playing half-way down the Radio 1 line-up, not secondary headliner. Minus them and Kaiser Chiefs (is it just me or are their "catchy tunes" really forced) - it's looking a bit more stronger than last year.

Aside from the obvious NME-influenced line-up (what can we expect, really? It's primarily a festival for indie-kids, and NME is the indie-kid Bible) there are a few positive things on there.

Belle & Sebastian should be great, Franz Ferdinand are always good at festivals if nothing else, Yeah Yeah Yeahs' new material sounds excellent and they're always good live, The Kooks and The Subways are both excellent young bands, and it's pretty much impossible for Muse to have a bad gig.

That said, Arctic Monkeys, however much you like their music or not, will be instantly the worst act at that festival. Blah blah blah, they only have to sing 2 lines before the crowd takes over, blah blah whatever. Anytime when I have to stand in a room with even a few dozen music newspaper-fed morons convulsing over the thoroughly average band on stage is a bad time, doing it at Reading with thousands of the little teenage "indie Barbies" is gonna be the drizzling shits.

I'm going this year, as all of my friends from home and most of my friends at Uni are. Most of my home-friends will be watching and orgasming over the Monkeys, I'd guess, so I suspect I'll be spending most of Sunday hiding in the Carling tent to escape from the hype.

Dirty Pretty Things haven't even had a single out yet and they're already fourth headliners thanks to Carl Barat and The Raconteurs had their first gig last week or something and they're headlining the Radio 1 tent. I'm going to smoke my crackpot now.

Doesn't look horrendous to me.

But then again, I love Pearl Jam, and am not like "OMG DA INDIE SUX".

Muse, Audioslave, Futureheads, Streets, Placebo (who are awesome live), Panic! and FOB (who I wouldn't mind seeing)

Oh, and add to that Primal Scream who are class live.

Seriously, why pass judgement on a festival that generally doesn't cater to your tastes? I know Reading and Leeds have had the odd metal band in the past, but not for a while have they focused it to anything other than Indie.

Looks fucking mega, now if only I could actually get onto the site and get some tickets. Grrrrrrr!

Note, obviously its NME/MTV2 shaped, its an Indie festival, its got an NME stage. If you don't like the lineup go to Download, which is Kerrang shaped, thereby instantly more wank.

Looks fucking mega, now if only I could actually get onto the site and get some tickets. Grrrrrrr!

Note, obviously its NME/MTV2 shaped, its an Indie festival, its got an NME stage. If you don't like the lineup go to Download, which is Kerrang shaped, thereby instantly more wank.

It looks pretty shit to be honest.

I'd rather go to Download. Or Give it a name. Or something else.

Its the Leeds thread, I believe Download bashing is legal following the above 'Leeds is too Indie' whining. I've got a feeling I'll be on the second stage for all three headliners, how weird is that? Although Pixies were the only main stage one I saw last year.