Doctor Who

I dont even think it was the best of THIS series. Still was a good show though, don't get me wrong. Trigger was great, the Cybermen were badass....though someone should tell the guy who plays Mickey he can't do a tough-guy. He and the Biker Grove guy should never be allowed to play tough guys again.

Oh, the guy who was Triggers assistant was good too.....

He also directed the episode. At least I think it was him. Was watching the show after Doctor Who on BBC3 and I was half-asleep, so I have an excuse.

But yeah, this episode was really good. Don't particularly like judging two-parter episodes after just the first one, so I'll give proper opinions next week, but it was really good.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They looked similar, but I'm not sure if they were actually the same person. The guy who was Triggers assistant looked slightly like Dennis Taylor to me.....

Edited by timmayy smothers

Call me a big kid, but I marked out a little for the stereotypical Dr. Who episode closing of them in peril...

"delete.... delete.... DELETE...."

I preferred the old cheap looking Cybermen, but these will have to do.

Really good episode, except Tennants spazzy face when he see's the Cybermen marching towards them all.

My god...they look something a 7-year old would make...in the 60's! They looked atrocious. Pretty much all of them. They showed them all on the Confidential (or whatever it's called) and the new ones are by far the best looking (and only good ones).

Looked like Dennis Taylor and sounded like Michael Caine...

The greatest combination ever...

Edited by TMM

I don't care, I still prefer the old box headed look >_>.

CYBER CONTROLLER~!

And I pray for mention of Telos, since it never really went into detail at all about their home planet in most episodes. Whereas Daleks always got the skaro mention.

Ah, but in this ep it's an alternative reality - hence why a human created them. Telos doesn't come into it in that sense. The cybermen in the ep are of no real relation to Cybermen in Doc and Rose's "regular" reality.

I'm guessing Jouch has barely seen any old episodes and is just covering stuff he's read instead?

It's nothing to be ashamed of not to have seen the older episodes, I've only seen so many because I made a point of doing so, so hands up right now, who's seen the old Doctor Who? And I don't mean you vageuly remember episodes as a child, I mean you've actually seen (whether through original broadcast - unlikely - or through other means such as internet/old VHS) and remember a fair bit.

Edited by Benjirino~!

No Benji, I've actually seen every single episode broadcast on UK Gold, like multiple times.

However, in the book for the original Cybermen story Telos was similar to a random planet that McCoy or Colin baker went to, in that it had a rocket powered core and was the sister planet of Earth. So, it flew off when it had better resources than Earth and the population was far superior to that of Earth's. Then they came back wanting to take over Earth having used up their own resources.

Well, that's kind of the gist of the story, since I was 8 when I read the book. But that story and the original cybermen stories seem to all blend into one. I can't even remember if it is ACTUALLY gold that kills them, I remember that decapitating them worked dandy though >_>.

Edited by Jouzykins

I don't, because I can't get past how shitty it looks. I know it shouldn't matter, but that's all I can focus on.

It's the same for me. It's not even then "shitty but classic looking" that some shows have, the old Doctor Who episodes just look absoultely atrocious to me, just awful. I don't know why, but I swear, other TV shows from the same time frame, yeah they look old, but the still look good. The original Star Trek for example, take the very worst looking episode, hell take the original pilot The Cage, and it looks better than every single pre-Ecclestone Doctor Who episode I've seen.

Only because the aura of the "olden days of dr. who" are looked back at with Rose tinted glasses. It's like when I watch any sort of puppeted monster from back then, it looks really shit in comparison to todays actual CGI'd monsters.

Only because the aura of the "olden days of dr. who" are looked back at with Rose tinted glasses. It's like when I watch any sort of puppeted monster from back then, it looks really shit in comparison to todays actual CGI'd monsters.

But like I said, compared with other sci-fi shows of the same era (original Star Trek) it still looks really, really crap.

I'll agree, but Star Trek didn't have to do that much since as far as I've seen, all the creatures were easily done as people in face paint.

Gorn

Have a look at that picture I linked to, and just so you know, that was late 60's, and it looks better than pretty much any creature I've seen in any pre-Ecclestone Doctor Who.

Paramount has/had a far bigger budget than the BBC ever gave Dr. Who. Ye olde Beeb did the best it could with what it had, which wasn't much.

I missed this weekend's episode! D'oh! Was at a party, although my mum taped it and is mailing it down to me. :wub:

Now all I need is to find somebody in my building with a VCR.