Doctor Who

Meh having Peter Kaye will make it worse.

I think he's a very funny guy but in a sci fi drama? Nope

Doctor Who isn't quite your normal sci-fi drama though is it? Star Trek is a sci-fi drama, Doctor Who is a comedy-esque sci-fi drama, so he'll fit in fine.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a good show, quite enjoyed that. Booker was great. And the Ood HAVE, HAVE, HAVE, HAVE, HAVE to return, they were great. Bit cheesy with the whole physical devil thing, and the stumbling on the Tardis was a bit silly, but on the whole that was a very good episode.

I'm not sure what next weeks is actually going to be about.....the adverts don't seem to say anything at all.

I thought the idea was pretty original, and it's a nice nod to the legions of uber-fan Doctor Who nerds IRL who basically kept the show going at its weakest points during the old run, and who did a lot to get it back on the air.

In execution, it was not so good. Warren was funny, and Peter Kay was a good turn, but the almost total lack of Tennant and Piper really bugged me after a while. They're both so intensely watchable that having them as little more than a sideshow makes for a very trite episode.

Mind you, next week's looks alright.

Y'know, I really loved parts of it. I loved him dancing along to ELO, with it going back to him dancing and the song playing throughout the episode.

I love the fact that the Doctor and Rose only turned up for a small part, and that her mother was in it again.

The stuff about the 5 steps or whatever WAS amusing, although Peter Kaye did say "Avanti" from Phoenix Nights which didn't sit well.

His alien concept was kinda gross (being enveloped and showing up as a face in his skin made me feel uneasy) but it was clumsily dealt with and Kaye wasn't particularly on song.

So, erm, yeah....ELO made it great.

That was pretty poor, and way overly tacky with the faces in the stomach. No where near enough Tennant and Piper either.

Yet, it was a funny episode at times, mostly due to Peter Kay, who made it watchable. He was pretty funny, and they worked 'Avanti' in, which was cool. Nice reference to 'Bad Wolf' as well. Overall though, not an episode to watch again.

What do we make of the clip for next week btw? It appears to be The Doctor vs. Penny Crayon......

Personally, I thought the episode was balls and i Greatly disliked the format AND the fact there was virtually no doc or rose. PK was boring with the odd good flourish.

Overall... meh.

Next week doesn't look that good either. I call it now, the doc to win by sonic screwdriver eraser!

He wasn't funny, he wasn't scary, he wasn't anything, he was just sort of... there, I know his character was the bad guy and yet it still didn't feel like he served any real purpose other than to stretch out an episode. The only reason the character was any good to me was because of his name value.

Peter Kay wasn't playing the part to be funny though, it was a more serious part with the odd comedy moment like all Doctor Who characters. I do still think he was good with the odd funny moment he had though, he maybe wasn't scary or a good character, but he was still the only thing about the episode that didn't suck.

Peter Kay wasn't playing the part to be funny though, it was a more serious part with the odd comedy moment like all Doctor Who characters. I do still think he was good with the odd funny moment he had though, he maybe wasn't scary or a good character, but he was still the only thing about the episode that didn't suck.

Seriously, a comedian who doesn't play a part to be funny seems to remove any point in his cameo. He sucked, outright.

Agreed with teh Benji. Kay was there to be funny, and there because Russell T. Davies has that syndrome I can't remember the name of, where you're ridiculously over-enthusiastic about everything and can't see when things suck.

This heartily explains the presence of that guy from CBBC, the rumoured presence of Barbara Windsor, and basically every other pointless celebrity cameo in the last 2 series.

The man has a condition, let's not mock him.