TV Shows renewed and cancelled for 2006/2007

Bob Roberts

From Mike Duffy of The Detroit Free Press:

Shows returning:

ABC:

"According to Jim", "Boston Legal", "Desperate Housewives", "George Lopez", "Grey's Anatomy", and "Lost".

CBS:

All 3 "CSI" shows, "Cold Case", "Criminal Minds", "Ghost Whisperer", "How I Met Your Mother", "NCIS", "The New Adventures of Old Chistine", "Numbers", " The Unit", "Two and a Half Men", and "Without a Trace".

NBC:

"Crossing Jordan", "ER", "Las Vegas", all 3 Law and Order shows, "Medium", "My Name Is Earl" and "The Office".

Fox:

"House", "24", "American Dad", "Bones", "Family Guy", "King of the Hill", "Prision Break", "The O.C.", "American Idol", "The Simpsons", and "The War at Home".

CW:

"All of Us", "Everybody Hates Chris", "Gilmore Girls", "Girlfriends", "Smallville", and "Supernatural". (He didn't mention it but I think America's Next Top Supermodel is renewed for the network)

Shows Done or "on hiatus":

ABC:

"Alias", "Crumbs", "Emily's Reasons Why Not", "Hot Properties", "In Justice", "Jake in Progress", "Less Than Perfect", "Night Stalker", and "Rodney".

CBS:

"Courting Alex", "Still Standing", "Yes Dear", "Threshold".

NBC:

"E-Ring", "Four Kings", "Inconceivable", "Joey", "Surface", "Teachers", "Book of Daniel", "The West Wing", and "Will and Grace".

Fox:

"Arrested Development", "Head Cases", "Killer Insinct", "Kitchen Confidential", "Malcolm in the Middle", "Reunion", "Stacked", and "That 70's Show."

CW:

"7th Heaven", "Charmed", "Cuts", "Eve", "Just Legal", "Living with Fran", "Love Inc", "Related", "Sex, Love, and Secrets", "South Beach", "Twins", and "What I Like About You."

What Duffy describes as "Could go either way, in doubt":

ABC:

"Commander in Chief", "Freddie", "Hope and Faith", "Invasion", "Sons and Daughters", "The Evidence".

CBS:

"Close to Home", "Out of Practice", "The King of Queens".

NBC:

"Scrubs", "Heist" and "Conviction".

Fox:

"Free Ride", "The Bernie Mac Show", and "The Loop".

CW:

"Everwood", "Half and Half", "One on One", "One Tree Hill", "Reba", and "Veronica Mars".

Duffy says in his opinion Scrubs, Veronica Mars, Sons and Daughters, Everwood, and Commander in Chief, all deserved to be saved despite low ratings and gave info. where viewers can call and write to try and get them renewed.

He says the way things are going next season could be the last season for Bernie Mac, The OC, The West Wing, Invasion, and The Loop if (as listed)some of them even make it to next season as it is.

And in his opinion shows that should be canned if not years ago are According to Jim, Fear Factor, Hope and Faith, Wife Swap/Trading Spouses, and ER.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see Smallville in the correct place :D

Edited by Laice06

Guest Bluesman

Good to see Fox is bringing back American Dad, I was getting a bit worried with it not being on recently and Family Guy stinking it up as of late (last week's=horrible).

I don't know why, but I have severe reservations about the quality of this information. I'd stick with an official source like The Futon Critic. Nonetheless, the Upfronts are only like a month away so all this speculation is a little useless. I'd also heard Smackdown as already announced as coming over.

I can't believe they'd actually consider canning Scrubs and Invasion.

On the subject of shows being cancelled I wish whichever network is it that had 'Over There' would have commissioned another series instead of cancelling it. The season finale was last night here in the UK and is was an awesome show. Anyone else watch it?

Good to see Fox is bringing back American Dad, I was getting a bit worried with it not being on recently and Family Guy stinking it up as of late (last week's=horrible).

ditto. I was wondering what happened to it and I was hoping it wasn't cancelled.

Little shocked to see The OC and One Tree Hill in any sort of danger. A lot of people I know love that mindless shit. I'm hoping Veronica Mars comes back.

ditto. I was wondering what happened to it and I was hoping it wasn't cancelled.

Little shocked to see The OC and One Tree Hill in any sort of danger. A lot of people I know love that mindless shit. I'm hoping Veronica Mars comes back.

Edited by Chester Elegante The Beatnik