Transfer Talk

Steeb

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Why's Nakata retiring? The lazy cunt's only about 29. :ohwell:

Maybe the guy just wants to enjoy life. He's got loadsa money and he's adored in Japan.

I think he said that he has done all he can do for the national team and domestically too.

Liverpool defender Antonio Barragan is on the verge of joining Spanish side Deportivo La Coruna.

The 19-year-old has played just one first-team game for the Reds since his move from Sevilla last summer and is keen to return to his homeland.

Talks about the deal are at an advanced stage and Deportivo officials are confident the transfer will go through next week.

"There is a verbal agreement between the three parties," read a statement on Deportivo's official website.

"We still need to put it on paper before the deal is done."

Barragan is well known to Deportivo coach Joaquin Caparros after working with him at Sevilla.

Also, Pompey have lodged another bid for Petrov and Warnock has ruled out a move for Hassalbaink.

Edited by Messiah-Dice

• Admin

Simon Walton has gone to Charlton from Leeds for 500k, kinda annoying that we've shipped out another youngster when we're getting on a more stable base but I guess we couldn't really stand in his way. I just hope we got some future incentives this time.

Is this Walton bloke any good then?

IIRC, he excelled for Leeds in their first Championship season when they were skint. Then he buggered off somewhere on loan.

Shefti Kuqi move away from Ewood Park laughed off by Hughes and Lippi says there is no truth in the Man Utd links. Liverpool's attempts to sign Sevilla right-back Daniel Alves appear to be floundering after the clubs failed to agree a fee.

Blackwell was never really high on playing him but in the first season he didn't really have any choice given the band of misfits we ended up with. Last season he'd got more of a team built and didn't need to play him so he didn't make that many apperances. He's got that tenacious quality and he's energetic but he's probably not gonna win any prizes for getting forward.

I'm kinda pissed off with Blackwell, and Leeds management in general really, I mean, we would have a brilliant team for 5-6 years if they kept the likes of Lennon, Milner, Carson and Walton.

I mean who have we signed to make up for the losses of those young stars?

• Admin

But they could still replace them with someone. We're not even bringing in any players who can help us get promoted.

Well, you didn't do too badly last year. Bates has kept the club afloat, and I'm sure with a couple more signings Leeds will get back up soon.

Hopefully he goes to a smaller club and, rightfully, never plays for England again. There are too many good centre-backs for an over the hill player like Campbell to be considered.

Interesting to see if Arsenal try and sign Davies, as Spurs have had bids rejected, and he's certainly a excellent prospect.