The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

Anyone know how to edit a CBR file/ecomic file? I need to take a cover out because it keeps crashing my ipod app I use for reading.

Just rename it to .rar or .zip, edit it as you would a rar/zip file, then rename it .cbr again. Usually works for me.

• Like 1

Suicide Squad highlights.

Also just noticed King Shark morphed from a hammerhead to a great white by the end of the issue.

IMG_0571_zpsa51b3acb.png?t=1378105796

c8c2a277-cbe7-4119-9c04-80c65a292e6c_zps

97d147d9-7ef3-49c1-839d-7c7c2ee7457c_zps

• Like 1

Why is it a pain?

Speaking of,I plan on trying my damnedest to get that JLA Deadshot issue.

Thought I had the other night reading. This is my favorite Wonder Woman look.

tumblr_ldr76megEF1qbujox.jpg

If they ever get around to a movie this should be the one featured.

Can someone tell me why Spiderman 2099 is in Superior Spiderman? 2099 intrigues me but I dont want to give that vile book my money :(

Really extensive spoilers here, read at your own risk (seriously, it's like, the whole book summed up, but to explain the reason Spidey 2099's in the present, it has to be this way):

2099: Nueva York starts experiencing time-related problems because of the Age of Ultron thing, and Tyler Stone starts disappearing; Spider-Man 2099 must save him (he really doesn't want to, but if Tyler's gone, he's gone and all that) by going to the source of whatever is happening to him, which is present day.

Present day: Tiberius Stone makes his move against Max Modell and Horizon Labs and Modell is arrested. Later, Allan Chemical, owned by Liz Allan (abbreviated to Al Chem, rings any bells?) starts a takeover; one of their most important employees is Stone. Spidey-Ock feels that Stone's the threat to Horizon on account of his Spider-Sense and goes to make a move on him (probably killing him) when Spider-Man 2099 shows up and reveals, via thought bubble, that Tiberius Stone is his grandfather and he must save him, putting Spider-Men at odds.

Started reading the New 52 JL from the start again because talk about Trinity War got me interested and I couldn't remember a whole lot of what happened in JL. What I did remember was reinforced though because god New 52 Superman is so unlike Superman. Superman's first reaction shouldn't be to knock the shit out of GL and try to choke Batman to death even if he doesn't know who exactly they are.

Batwoman writers quit after much meddling from DC in their storylines, most notably not allowing them to show Batwoman and her girlfriend getting married.

Ugh. Really, DC? Marvel had absolutely no problem showing Northstar getting married to his boyfriend, why can't you follow the lead?

Edited by Johnny Latino Heat
  • Like 1

And in other "WTF, DC?" news, they want fans to submit art for a single page of issue 0 of the upcoming Harley Quinn ongoing. That's not so bad, right? Could even be an opportunity for fans to get into the comic book world working as artists. Then again, look at the script they gave out...

PAGE 15

4 panels

PANEL 1
Harley is on top of a building, holding a large DETACHED cellphone tower in her hands as lightning is striking just about everywhere except her tower. She is looking at us like she cannot believe what she is doing. Beside herself. Not happy.

PANEL 2
Harley is sitting in an alligator pond, on a little island with a suit of raw chicken on, rolling her eyes like once again, she cannot believe where she has found herself. We see the alligators ignoring her.

PANEL 3
Harley is sitting in an open whale mouth, tickling the inside of the whale’s mouth with a feather. She is ecstatic and happy, like this is the most fun ever.

PANEL 4
Harley sitting naked in a bathtub with toasters, blow dryers, blenders, appliances all dangling above the bathtub and she has a chord that will release them all. We are watching the moment before the inevitable death. Her expression is one of “oh well, guess that’s it for me” and she has resigned herself to the moment that is going to happen.

- See more at: http://www.dccomics.com/node/305151#sthash.HVwuLaRv.dpuf

Yeesh.

Still on the Batwoman marriage subject, even Archie comics have shown a gay marriage, I honestly can't understand why DC won't allow it. Do they think they'll get backlash for showing it? Because I think this will get them more backlash from the fans (kind of like the Gail Simone/Batgirl thing, IIRC) than if they did show it. Hell, I don't think Marvel got any backlash at all from the Northstar's wedding issue, did they?

Edited by Johnny Latino Heat

3 is the best one there and the only panel worth a damn. Only one where she's happy and isn't just rolling eyes or some shit.

I could see the refusal to actually have Batwoman and Maggie Sawyer marry as just DC being astonishingly indecisive and unwilling to commit Batwoman to one other character forever, because like fuck are fans going to accept breaking up superhero comics' first married lesbian couple down the line. I don't think they're homophobic or unwilling to have gay characters marry so much as they just have no fucking clue what their overall direction is depending on the week.

This solution, of course, has now backfired on them big time.

I could see the refusal to actually have Batwoman and Maggie Sawyer marry as just DC being astonishingly indecisive and unwilling to commit Batwoman to one other character forever, because like fuck are fans going to accept breaking up superhero comics' first married lesbian couple down the line. I don't think they're homophobic or unwilling to have gay characters marry so much as they just have no fucking clue what their overall direction is depending on the week.

This solution, of course, has now backfired on them big time.

Really? I feel like DC fans are quite accepting of long term relationships in comics. See: any time Superman hasn't been with Lois Lane, people just not caring for Green Arrow with anyone but Black Canary and so on.