The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

Is anyone on here signed up to Marvel Unlimited? Can't think of anything for Christmas so my girlfriend is getting me this. Is it worthwhile?

Also, when trying to subscribe it isn't letting me, it says something like 'the postcode doesn't match the card on file'. Which means nothing to me. Anyone else encountered this?

Read the first issue of Infinity, realized there were some tie ins I should pay attention to, so last night I read the first 8 issues of New Avengers and I absolutely loved it. I just wish that SHIELD's sister multiverse monitoring agency, I believe it's ARMOR, had a presence.

I will say it is dumb that its called New Avengers and not Avengers: Illuminati or something.

Read the first issue of Infinity, realized there were some tie ins I should pay attention to, so last night I read the first 8 issues of New Avengers and I absolutely loved it. I just wish that SHIELD's sister multiverse monitoring agency, I believe it's ARMOR, had a presence.

I will say it is dumb that its called New Avengers and not Avengers: Illuminati or something.

I was talking about New Avengers a bit ago, that series is wonderful.

As for the new Ms. Marvel... I like the idea behind what they want to do, but I really love Ms. Marvel... so I really hope there's a reason she's actually called "Ms. Marvel" that connects to Carol Danvers in some way, rather than just have her adopt the name. Also apparently she's a shape shifter... which is kind of a lame power that has nothing to do with Ms. Marvel, so I'm a bit eh about it. Also the concept art was fuck ugly, really hope that's not the style they're going for.

I like Carol in other books but her solo book wasnt for me. My favorite thing ever with her I think was the Spiderman issue where they tried going on a date and it kept getting interrupted by hero stuff so they ended up eating hot dogs on a roof top somewhere. It was really cute and kinda made me wish those two would do more together. Damn you Superior!

I may have liked it so much because as my sig shows I am a sucker for any scenes that show Spiderman eating. I know it's weird but I just love them

I like Carol in other books but her solo book wasnt for me. My favorite thing ever with her I think was the Spiderman issue where they tried going on a date and it kept getting interrupted by hero stuff so they ended up eating hot dogs on a roof top somewhere. It was really cute and kinda made me wish those two would do more together. Damn you Superior!

I may have liked it so much because as my sig shows I am a sucker for any scenes that show Spiderman eating. I know it's weird but I just love them

I had the same problem. :(

I fucking love the Ms. Marvel character and her previous book was wonderful, but Captain Marvel did almost nothing for me in the first few issues. I want Ms. Marvel kicking ass and being awesome, I'm all for character development but right off the bat, that didn't hook me.

I've tried to read a lot of Superman lately.

Holy shit guys, how this guy has survived this long, I don't know, because I've literally been reading the apparent top stories... and oh my god, they're all awful. It's like the guy has survived based entirely on alternate universe graphic novels.

• Like 1

I find that Superman is mostly a product of the hype.

If you're looking for a fantastic read, I wouldn't suggest Superman. That's not to say that the books are all awful, because there's a lot of good out there, but if you're judging based on consistency throughout main series'... then DC offers at least a dozen other books that are much more worth the read.

That's a dozen DC properties that I would suggest above Superman. That doesn't even begin to take into account the other publishers.

That being said, All-Star Superman is still one of my favorite "alternate universe" books.

Just finished World War Hulk. Do Cap or Thor comeback before Secret Invasion? If so I'll have to track some in-between stuff down before I start on Secret Invasion.

Just finished World War Hulk. Do Cap or Thor comeback before Secret Invasion? If so I'll have to track some in-between stuff down before I start on Secret Invasion.

I don't think Cap does, I believe the Cap in Secret Invasion is Barnes, but Thor apparently does (I honestly don't remember, but looking at the tie-ins there's a Secret Invasion: Thor mini, so apparently he does. And now that I think of it, I recall Thor giving Iron Man a thrashing for cloning him, so that had to be before Secret Invasion).

• Like 1