The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

Haha, I love the wordplay at the end of the ign article.

"What could result in such carnage? Who has the potential to unleash such an apocalypse? Certainly something sinister is happening, and there's no telling if the upcoming one-shot will provide answers or merely show us that certain doom is coming in just a few months."

Just got four trades through the post today :P

Astonishing X-Men Vol 2: Dangerous

Usually when there is a load of hype about something, I dont like it that much. But this series is well worth the hype, and despite planning to read things other than X-Men, I just couldn't not get number 2 after a great volume 1. Its full of surprises, twists and turns. And I must say Joss Whedon knows how to do a fuckin cliffhanger.

The Thing: Freakshow

I've never really read much FF before, but I read issue two of this series and decided to get the trade and read the whole thing. Its a top story, fun throughout with some great art which is just that little bit different to the usual marvel style. Oh and as a bonus you get 'Thing/She Hulk: long Night' printed in the back, which I have yet to read.

X-Men/Black Panther: Wild Kingdom

Love the X-Men and Panther is pretty cool, although I despise Storm, especially as leader of the X-Men. Haven't read it yet, but shall do soon and leave my thoughts.

Avengers Disassembled I had heard much bad stuff about how this story was built up, but it just sucked etc. I thought it was brilliant, I'd read Avengers before but never got into it. This was a great read from the start.

On that note I intented to buy the other Disassembled tie ins; Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Fantastic Four and Spiderman.

A question for those who know. Do these books go in any specific order? Or are they all meant to 'accompany' the main story? Also, any of them particularly better than the others? I intend to get them all but ya know... jus wondering.

Wait... That article said Magneto was currently 'powerless'. Isn't he dead? Hasn't he been dead for a few years now? And not like 'vague demise that he could concievably worm out of' dead but 'Wolverine guts him, and Professor X buries him in Genosha' dead, or did I miss something somewhere in the past couple years?

And as if anyone cares, my pull list is: X-Men, Uncanny X-Men(mostly out of habit, been reading both since '93.), Astonishing X-Men, Cable & Deadpool, Street Fighter, and Walking Dead.

I randomly brought issue six of Criminal yesterday. It's the start of a new storyline. It was awesome, just totally awesome. Its a crime noir, and it's Brubaker (Cap Am, Daredevil, Iron Fist), so it pretty much HAD to be great. The series has been Eisner nominated for best new series, and best writer.

You all should try it.

I was given £15 book vouchers for Christmas, and as I hardly read any books I was wondering if anyone could recommend me some graphic novels that I could get. I want to avoid the whole superhero issue though, as I find far-fetched fiction books hard to read.

Read from the part I linked to onwards.

I think 'ugh' about sums my feelings up. -_- That's one thing I don't like about long-running, corporately owned comic properties- Writer A says "I'm'a kill off a character." then Writer A leaves, Writer B comes in and says "I'm'a use that character that Writer A killed, here's a nonsensical contrivance to explain how that character isn't actually dead."

It's still better than what they did to Colossus, though.

I can't wait to see how they bring Captain America back without cheapening the character forever.

Guest Coowra

Those images of endagered species are amazing! Especially the one with Cannonball and Nightcrawler! This is going to rule!

My comic list: Runaways, New Avengers, Daredevil, Avengers: the initiative.

Those images of endagered species are amazing! Especially the one with Cannonball and Nightcrawler! This is going to rule!

My comic list: Runaways, New Avengers, Daredevil, Avengers: the initiative.

Read from the part I linked to onwards.

I think 'ugh' about sums my feelings up. -_- That's one thing I don't like about long-running, corporately owned comic properties- Writer A says "I'm'a kill off a character." then Writer A leaves, Writer B comes in and says "I'm'a use that character that Writer A killed, here's a nonsensical contrivance to explain how that character isn't actually dead."

It's still better than what they did to Colossus, though.

Why's Gambit a heel? I know he joined Apoacalypse, but I thought that was to sort of try and control him, or something? Why's he actually attacking the X-Men? Unless he's just been totally brainwashed? I'm not THAT well up on X-Men history of say over a year ago.

Anyway, Gambit rules.

Edited by Mushiking timmayy

I know which X-Men will be dying during the storyline after the Gambit thing, but not who will be dying during it. Lets just say there are a lot of fans who aren't going to be happy, because they're not killing off any of the lamer characters but some of the best X-Men. Basically, they send a team of X-Men into action, and Wolverine is the only one who doesn't die. :thumbsdown:

I know which X-Men will be dying during the storyline after the Gambit thing, but not who will be dying during it. Lets just say there are a lot of fans who aren't going to be happy, because they're not killing off any of the lamer characters but some of the best X-Men. Basically, they send a team of X-Men into action, and Wolverine is the only one who doesn't die. :thumbsdown:

Harry Potter/Marvel Tie-In:

SNAPE KILLED THE X-MEN. :o

No but seriously, Fanku's right. They always find some "magical" way to explain away death. I wish it was that easy in real life. :shifty:

How do you know?