The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

If you dislike Annhilation, I guarantee you can send them to me and I will enjoy them. That is a moneyback offer* from me to you.

Where exactly does the game fit in continuity Benji? I mean between what issues?

*except I won't actually send you any money

Well I could see ignoring them for those that haven't played the game yet, or ever will. But then if they out and out flagarently have things happen that goes against what happened in the game, then that's inexcusable.

Well I could see ignoring them for those that haven't played the game yet, or ever will. But then if they out and out flagarently have things happen that goes against what happened in the game, then that's inexcusable.
Edited by Gabriel Goolsby

According to Bendis, the video game's storyline took place between issue's #36 and #46 of the comic book.

Taken from Wikipedia.

Apparently though, most of the events from the game are disregarded later on by the comics, which destroys the main selling point of the game as being canon.

There's only really two things that go against canon, one being Silver Sable doesn't know Spidey/Parker later on in the comic, the second being the MJ/Peter relationship was somewhat over in that arc. Nothing major to me.

I was thinking, DC needs to do an 'Ultimate', I don't think they realise it, the entire universe is an old bore, and so many characters are just totally uninspired when, and I'm sure I'm not alone in this thought train, Marvel has some of the same concepts in powers and characters and made them way more interesting, even though they're lower in the Marvel hierarchy. Honestly, Superman is the worst culprit, the entire character needs a revamp, he was revolutionary in his day, but these days he's so unrealistic he's almost a parody of a superhero.

Anyone else think the same?

All Star Superman. All Star Batman and Robin. Coming soon All Star Wonder Woman and All Star Batgirl.

Plus, the big thing coming out of 52

There is now a multiverse again with 52 earths. That's 52 earths with 52 versions of every hero, although Booster has now died 51 times trying to fix time.

All Star Superman. All Star Batman and Robin. Coming soon All Star Wonder Woman and All Star Batgirl.

Plus, the big thing coming out of 52

There is now a multiverse again with 52 earths. That's 52 earths with 52 versions of every hero, although Booster has now died 51 times trying to fix time.

That's the reason they did Crisis 20 years ago. I really don't know why they did the Crisis in 05/06, other than to sell comics. I also don't know why they have brought the multiverse back, other than to, as they said "open up an infinite number of possibilities in terms of storytelling".

But yeah, The All Star Line has been plagued with non existent shipping dates for the most part, plus it's not a cohesive universe, as much as the creators involved just being allowed to do their own thing.

Read the entire Watchmen story, cover-to-cover today.

Simply, amazing. Rorschach has got to be one of the greatest comic book characters ever written. :D

I have to bring this up, because it's such a brilliant thing. Bullet Points, I'd suggest it to anyone who asked, it's one of those things that sounded fantastic but was a slight dissapointment when it came out, but the more I read it the better it gets, I loved the fact they acknowledge that not everything changes, just a few (major) things. It's a simple story, a simple premise, but it's a brilliant story and brilliant premise. The ending with Rogers/Parker is a touching moment you rarely feel close to in a mini-series.

Urgh, I had to go and read the first issue of Civil War: Front Line, and now I'll have to buy the trades... damnit!

In random things: The first issue of Hellboy: Darkness Falls was out last week, and was alright. The fifth part of The Immortal Iron Fist is out tomorrow and this pleases me.

Can anyone give me a list of the Trades that took place between New Avengers Vol. 3 and New Avengers Vol. 4?

Spider-Man has been given the Iron Spidey suit, but there's no mention of it at all... it's just like it's something everyone should already know... so I was wondering which trades I'd need to fill me in on the situation (moreso than Wikipedia already has).

Spidey recieved the Iron Spider Suit in Issue 529 of the Amazing Spiderman the New Avengers Issue that came out after this was New Avengers 21 which is where Captain America meets up with The Falcon again.

In other news i have now got the complete run of the Uncanny X-Men starting from the orignal 1st ever Xmen Comic.

Spidey recieved the Iron Spider Suit in Issue 529 of the Amazing Spiderman the New Avengers Issue that came out after this was New Avengers 21 which is where Captain America meets up with The Falcon again.

In other news i have now got the complete run of the Uncanny X-Men starting from the orignal 1st ever Xmen Comic.

The Iron Spidey thing (sucks) began in The Other, which (sucks) is available in the Premiere Hardcover format for sure. For more Iron Spidey the CW Spidey trades (suck) feature him as well.

So, what you're saying Teej...is that I should avoid buying those books, and instead, put my money to use on starting with a different book instead?

For reference, if anyone asks in the future

Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 10 covers Issues #519-524, which leads into

The Other, which is available, as the Great and Powerful TG Fuckin' C said, in Hardcover...which then leads to

Civil War: Road to Civil War

Anyways... I thought about picking those up, because I'm loving New Avengers...but Spider-Man: The Other, is not available through Chapters (my comic book supplier).

So, if TGC says it's not worth reading, I'll take his advice, shelf that idea, and start on a new series next time I order books. (Unless the new Ultimate X-Men, Ultimates, or New Avengers trades come out first...then I MAY start a new series, but I may not.)

I don't think The Other sucked as much as Teej says (I love that people have picked up on my nickname for him by the way), I think it's very different and probably would've been more accepted if Spider-Man wasn't so much of a 'science' kind of book. It depends what you expect when it comes to Spider-Man, me? I like to see variance in all my comic books, and I loved the Stark Armour for the brief while it was on, nothing wrong with something a bit different, and the way it played out in Civil War was predictable but cool. But like I said, it depends what you expect from the book.