The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

Is it actually confirmed that he is dead? I haven't read the issue or anything, but I was under the impression he was shot and then taken away for treatment, with no confirmation over whether he died or not?

Or am I wrong? >_>.

If he is dead I expect him back in one form or another relatively soon.

Apparently, there's going to be a new Captain America:

http://www.newsarama.com/movies/Hellboy/Iron/889new_storyimage3793928_full.jpg

<-----look at this

Yes, that is the Punisher in a new costume, and over at Marvel.com they hint he may take on the Captain America name. *pass the barf bag, please*

<----then read this

Can't imagine this lasting long. According to something (I think) I read at Newsarama, Punisher's involvement with the Cap mask is an arc from issues 6-10 of War Journal. I'd much sooner believe Bucky to be a longer term replacement until Steve Rogers returns.

Going off Boulder's spoiler:

Frankly, I don't think Cap will stay dead more than 6 months - not including this one. But Bucky would definitely be my first choice to replace Steve as Cap....provided he only carries a pistol (and some non-lethal ammunition in addition to lethal - because I could still see him killing terrorists and such or avenging Cap by blowing the Skull's people away) or no guns at all, and covers up the cybernetic arm.

I still don't buy it for a second that Cap is really dead, though. I can think of several ways for him to still be alive, even if they do have a corpse.

Hopefully if they have balls they'll leave him dead. The Marvel Universe needs a good shake-up.

Why is this still a spoiler? I think everyone knows by now and if they don't then they need to get out more.

Hopefully if they have balls they'll leave him dead. The Marvel Universe needs a good shake-up.

Why is this still a spoiler? I think everyone knows by now and if they don't then they need to get out more.

For what it's worth I also don't believe that YOU KNOW WHO~ is dead. Neither does Wolverine. :o From the previews of the upcoming Fallen Son: Wolverine book, it looks like Wolvy is trying to find the "real" answers.

For what it's worth I also don't believe that YOU KNOW WHO~ is dead. Neither does Wolverine. :o From the previews of the upcoming Fallen Son: Wolverine book, it looks like Wolvy is trying to find the "real" answers.

Apparently Captain America #26 has the autopsy on Cap's body, so one way or the other I reckon he is actually dead. Now they could just easily clone him, bring in another dimension's Cap or something, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was back before the end of the year. But what I'd love is if they DO intend on bringing him back at all, leave it a few years and make it a big deal.

Apparently Captain America #26 has the autopsy on Cap's body, so one way or the other I reckon he is actually dead. Now they could just easily clone him, bring in another dimension's Cap or something, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was back before the end of the year. But what I'd love is if they DO intend on bringing him back at all, leave it a few years and make it a big deal.

Unlike Captain Marvel, where he had an amazing death and was then brought back too... keep a few people under lock and key and still manages to fail.

www.forbidden-planet.co.uk for single issue comics, or www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk for graphics and merch. You could try the shop as well, if there is a Forbidden Planet store near you.

Even if the series was a little hit and miss, the last issue of Spider-Man: Reign was simply fantastic.

So... how 'bout that Buffy comic?

I'll avoid spoilers for those of you who haven't read it yet.

It's been a long time since I stepped foot in a comic book shop, but I picked up the first issue "Long Way Home Part 1" yesterday and loved it. I literally felt like I was reading storyboards for a Buffy episode. Of course, it leaves a ton of unanswered questions, but I really feel like the spirit of the show is captured in it. Never thought I'd get to say it, but Buffy's back. Can't wait till part two.

Edited by Zero

I assume it's something we're going to find out in future issues. I'm sure what was left of the Watcher's Council saw the Mass Slayer Awakening as a chance to rebuild, and Buffy being Buffy made sure it was on her terms. Decoy Buffy's I'm sure weren't difficult, probably a spell of sorts, or girls that just look a lot like Buffy. Giant Dawn was out there, but I don't think it's un-Buffy like. Sex with really bad consequences is an ongoing theme in the series and it looks like Dawn is just the next victim of humping the wrong person. I think the Giant part is just something they're doing because they could have never pulled it off on television. Willow's disappearance is what I'm intrigued by the most.