The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

From memory, Scarlet Witch spent some time in Genosha with Xavier and Magneto before House of M. New Avengers would have been in print during that time.

Well in the last issue of the old Avengers, Magneto came and took Wanda to Genosha then, but unless something happened in Excaliber (before the final two issues) nothing was really said/shown about what was happening. The last two issues of Excaliber were basically the lead-in to House of M, and those two were around issue...9 or so of New Avengers.

• 2 weeks later...

Courtesy of Newsarama:

Newsarama Note: In speaking to Newsarama early this morning, David Gabriel, Marvel's Senior Vice President Sales and Circulation explained that Civil War Chronicles will debut in July from the publisher,and will include Civil War and Civil War: Front Line as well as some of the more important ancillary titles, and occasional editorial write-ups which will explain some of the events in context of the larger Marvel Universe picture.

The series, which will run monthly for at least 12 issues, is aimed mainly at the mass market, readers who were not able to pick up the issues during the year, as well as readers who want to read the stories in order, and get some additional extra background.

The trade paperback of just the seven issue CW series comes out this month as well.

Has anyone read the Dark Tower comics Marvel's publishing?

I'm pretty sure Pepsi is. I just picked up the first three issues the other day when I got Buffy #2, I haven't read them yet, but they look pretty cool.

Anyone keeping up with Buffy?

The third Buffy comes out early May, yes? I'll be getting the first 3 then. Without spoiling anything, have the first two been good?

They're great, incredibly fast reads. Lots of unanswered questions, lots of surprises. Third issue comes out May 2.

The third Buffy comes out early May, yes? I'll be getting the first 3 then. Without spoiling anything, have the first two been good?

They're great, incredibly fast reads. Lots of unanswered questions, lots of surprises. Third issue comes out May 2.

Nick Fury will be playing the role of Xander, and ruling at the role.

• 3 weeks later...

Once again, I could use some help. I'm looking to get into X-Men before X-Men #200 and the Endangered Species stuff. I've already got the first three issues of Brubaker's run on Uncanny and I'm going to pick up the rest, but beyond that, where do I go? Also, has anybody been reading the First Class miniseries? How is it?

Once again, I could use some help. I'm looking to get into X-Men before X-Men #200 and the Endangered Species stuff. I've already got the first three issues of Brubaker's run on Uncanny and I'm going to pick up the rest, but beyond that, where do I go? Also, has anybody been reading the First Class miniseries? How is it?

First Class has had some good issues, but others have been dire. I agree Astonishing is the best X-title, but It seems to be on a hiatus ATM.

• 2 weeks later...

After having read Volumes 1 and 2 of the New Avengers books, I ordered 3 and 4 yesterday. Among the main Marvel line, the New Avengers has been one of the better books I've read in a long time, and is currently the only non-Ultimate book that I'm collecting.

I can't wait to get into Vol. 3 and 4 now...should have them by the end of next week.

Has anyone been following the Annihilation story arc in Marvel? If so, is it any good? I've read the odd review and they all seem pretty similar (e.g. "What Civil War should have been..", etc etc).

Annhilation is nothing like Civil War. For starters it's really good. And it's set in space and deals with a whole helluva lot of Marvel's space characters, particularly Nova. The hardcover trades are out now, well the first two, and collect the series in order. I recommend them if you like space stories.

Spider-Man 3 has gotten me into the mood to read some more good Spider-Man comics, so I picked up four Ultimate Spidey trades today at B&N. Can't wait to jump into them and get reading.

Annhilation is nothing like Civil War. For starters it's really good. And it's set in space and deals with a whole helluva lot of Marvel's space characters, particularly Nova. The hardcover trades are out now, well the first two, and collect the series in order. I recommend them if you like space stories.

Spider-Man 3 has gotten me into the mood to read some more good Spider-Man comics, so I picked up four Ultimate Spidey trades today at B&N. Can't wait to jump into them and get reading.

I bought 9 & 10 today, it's a brilliantly written series, if they ever did away with the Ultimate universe (as unlikely as that is), I pray they keep Ultimate Spidey.

Is anyone else really digging MAX Punisher? It's not twists, turns, inspiration or anything, it's just a genuinely good story. Also, I'm pissed, Ghost Rider: Trail of Tears started so well, it looked to be a great commentary on the old life as well as a great GR story, but number four is rubbish.

I got the first three this morning, read them pretty speedily. Good stuff, and you could really tell that Whedon had written it. Loved the end of issue 3.

Yeah, they all certainly do a good job of getting you psyched for the next issue. It still needs some fleshing out (no pun intended), but we're definitely getting somewhere with it. Can't wait to see what exactly is going on.

I bought 9 & 10 today, it's a brilliantly written series, if they ever did away with the Ultimate universe (as unlikely as that is), I pray they keep Ultimate Spidey.

Is anyone else really digging MAX Punisher? It's not twists, turns, inspiration or anything, it's just a genuinely good story. Also, I'm pissed, Ghost Rider: Trail of Tears started so well, it looked to be a great commentary on the old life as well as a great GR story, but number four is rubbish.

I need to get me some Max Punisher Trades. I've heard nothing but greatness about it.

And I bought numbers 10-14 of the USM trades.

And seeing as Joey Q. has said that late 2007 or 2008 will feature a huge Ultimate Corssover of sorts, I don't think the Ultimate Line is going anywhere.

Also, I have been looking for the USM video game for the X-Box all day and I swear I can't find the vudker anywhere.

Edited by Big Daddy Cool TGC

I need to get me some Max Punisher Trades. I've heard nothing but greatness about it.

And I bought numbers 10-14 of the USM trades.

And seeing as Joey Q. has said that late 2007 or 2008 will feature a huge Ultimate Corssover of sorts, I don't think the Ultimate Line is going anywhere.

Also, I have been looking for the USM video game for the X-Box all day and I swear I can't find the vudker anywhere.

I got the game on DS for £15, I bought it for the storyline more than anything, seeing as it's supposedly canon, but it's a fun game too.

I've decided to just go for it, and have ordered the first two hardbacks of Annihilation. Hopefully they'll be here in the next week or so.

Whilst I'm waiting, I suppose I should read Super Power: Contact and Super Power: Powers & Principalities.