The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

One thing bothers me about Namor, one thing that I can't figure out, what does Imperius Rex mean? I assume it means "Imperial [something]" but I'm not sure what, he shouts it when making an attack but a website I've read also says it's official Atlantean title, can anyone help me out here?

Okay, Im talking Marvel: Tradepaperbacks.

I've been reading X-Men and New Avengers.

I've come to the end of the 'New X-Men' and 'Uncanny X-men' sets and am about to read Astonishing, New Age Uncanny along with the other random books like Golgotha that fit in around that period (in some sort of order of course).

I have read New Avengers vol 1-3 and noticed that during Vol 3 there was references to House Of M. So I'm assuming that it took place between volumes 2 and 3.

My question to you is where, or when, does House of M take place as far as the X-Men Tpb's are concerned?

I've come to the end of the 'New X-Men' and 'Uncanny X-men' sets and am about to read Astonishing, New Age Uncanny along with the other random books like Golgotha that fit in around that period (in some sort of order of course).

I have read New Avengers vol 1-3 and noticed that during Vol 3 there was references to House Of M. So I'm assuming that it took place between volumes 2 and 3.

My question to you is where, or when, does House of M take place as far as the X-Men Tpb's are concerned?

Actually New Avengers should be after House of M because right after the Avengers broke up that's when House of M began. So I believe Volume 1 should be after House of M.

Actually New Avengers should be after House of M because right after the Avengers broke up that's when House of M began. So I believe Volume 1 should be after House of M.

Are you sure? Because I pretty much remember the New Avengers, together with the X-Men, discussing what to do with the Scarlet Witch on the New Avengers' HQ... I clearly remember Spidey being there as an Avenger.

I just looked, Spidey is indeed there, however, New Avengers #1 also has a recap at the beginning, explaining that Scarlet Witch happened BEFORE the New Avengers formed.

I noticed today there's a new Gen 13 series out. Has anyone read it? Is it any good? I loved the series waaay back in the day. Then the relaunch a few years ago really, really sucked. I'm afraid this newest version of the series will be the same, if not worse.

I love Gen 13. It's one of the few things I read. I never read the original but I think this one is really good.

I think there was some time between Avengers Disassembled (the end of Avengers and beginning of the New Avengers) and House of M, as Wanda was held in Genosha for a while after flipping out.
Edited by Pepsi

I'm reading Daredevil Volume 2 upwards right now. Im on issue 25 and just finished a quite disappointing act with Daredevil being sued. It was ok I suppose but after the last few arcs in the series that I've read so far, it didnt live up to the standards set before it.

Before reading the past 25 issues I didn't really know/care about Daredevil but the dirst arc by Kevin Smith really drew me in and made me care about Murdoch instantly. He's now one of my favorite comic book characters and I just hope it continues.

I'm a huge X-Men fan and am interested in getting some books, are there any arcs/titles you'd all recommend? I'd prefer complete stories to books/storylines that are currently going. Also, when is Issue of Runaways 25 due out? Can't wait to see what Whedon does with it.

Edited by Boogey131