The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

Stuck on what to read next. Hellblazer is back on the table because I only got a few issues in last time till I fell off so the list is this.

The Question

Hellblazer

Swamp Thing

Animal Man

Preacher

Y-The Last Man

The Flash(Starting from Barry as Flash)

Justice Society of America (Volume 3)

Reading the latest Harley stuff. They've really started to use Catwoman lately. She's never popped up in the book on her own, just Ivy but now the writers are pushing them as a trio again. It's fun but it's weird how she's just suddenly around after Harley's birthday. Makes me think DC restricted the character to Batman books and finally let up.

Speaking of Harley's book...

Screenshot_2017-09-30-19-29-53.png

GIANT MAN-PENGUINS.

• Like 2

Batman 32 major spoiler

Spoiler

hhrizlazqspz.jpg

Please go with this fully, DC.

• Like 2

There's quite a tone difference in the two DC books I'm reading. In Batman there's a hurricane and the Bat Family have a detailed plan and are shuttling people to safety. In Harley there's a hurricane and Swamp Thing and Ivy smash it with a giant mallet held by a giant plant arm.

• Like 1

On 28/09/2017 at 04:52, =BK= said:

Stuck on what to read next. Hellblazer is back on the table because I only got a few issues in last time till I fell off so the list is this.

Y-The Last Man

Y. Absolutely Y.

I go back and re-read it every year. Probably my all time favourite limited series.

• Thanks 1

Batman:White Knight looks lame.

I've always hated the "But no, Batman's really the villain, you guys" idea. The only way to make Batman the villain is to make him not act like Batman. I don't give two shits if Riddler did throw on his green tights just because he saw Batman and wanted to stump him, he's still the kidnapping murderous loon and Batman's the one that puts him away. Same with Joker and his Batman obsession. It's not Batman's fault they keep doing these things, it's the justice system's for not giving them death. The only "evil" Batman idea I've ever liked is Lord Batman. He's still moralistic, caring Batman, he's just authoritarian because of the situation his world forced upon him.

The thing about Batman, moreso than any other superhero, is that if he really existed, most of his rogues' gallery would be dead. They'd either be given the death penalty or shot dead by the cops. Hell, if the cops didn't shoot him, they'd make a special exception for the Joker and fast track his execution: No appeals.

Seriously, Gordon and the cops not being willing to put the Joker down for good is the most convoluted ways to keep a villain that evil around. Especially when he kills people every time he shows up. 

Recently Catwoman of all characters was on Death Row and they were ready to put a needle in her arm. Meanwhile Arkham is still full of mass murderers. 

Oh and is "Nightwing: The New Order" an ongoing or is it going to have a set number of issues?

Going back to what I said earlier, the dumbest Joker story that DC has done, in my opinion, is Devil's Advocate.

Of all the evil shit the Joker has done, it takes someone killing people with poisoned stamps to get him the chair?! Yet Batman decides that he's innocent and goes to prove it and save the Joker's life.

Most characters being unwilling to put him down once and for all is the most contrived way of keeping a character around. The whole `If I kill him, it makes me as bad as him, and the Joker wins' schtick that Batman brings up a lot is bullshit. If you've got a serial killer who keeps popping up and/or escaping, you either lock his ass in SuperMax or kill him.

And I hate the rather lame explanation that he has regeneration abilities, ala Wolverine, to explain how he keeps escaping death.

I read White Knight.

I liked Barbara's costume.

Joker still seems like the villain to me. He's manipulation the legal system to fuck with Batman and the police when the whole incident was his fault in the first place. 

Also Bruce shoving a bottle of pills down Joker's throat is OOC. That's attempted murder and Bruce even at his worst doesn't intentionally try to kill people. I feel like if he were that frayed at the ends to get to that point he'd retire. 

Wait, what? Arms dealers?

Also, have you ever given Harley's solo a chance?