The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

I'm about to start "Death of X". No idea if I've missed Cyclops destroying a cloud because it hasn't been mentioned in Uncanny or Extraordinary X-Men up to here.

Also, I kinda can't believe none of the non-mutant heroes aren't just telling the Inhumans to get fucked. It's killing people and the mutants were on earth while the Inhumans sat on the moon forever.

The reading order I got from Redfit must be fucked. In Death of X they discover the cloud kills. They've already known that in Uncanny and Extraordinary.

2 hours ago, =BK= said:

I'm about to start "Death of X". No idea if I've missed Cyclops destroying a cloud because it hasn't been mentioned in Uncanny or Extraordinary X-Men up to here.

Also, I kinda can't believe none of the non-mutant heroes aren't just telling the Inhumans to get fucked. It's killing people and the mutants were on earth while the Inhumans sat on the moon forever.

I'm not sure, but the whole M-Pox thing wasn't really known to people other than the Inhumans, Mutants, and the people that hang out with them (Johnny Storm). Also, I hark back on the 'Nobody wants to fuck with the Inhumans' part for those that did know and opted to sit on the sidelines.

59 minutes ago, =BK= said:

The reading order I got from Redfit must be fucked. In Death of X they discover the cloud kills. They've already known that in Uncanny and Extraordinary.

It's not really messed up, it happened in-between the whole convergenge stuff that ushered in the soft-reboot of all the comics. Which was confusing as all hell, because they kept talking about how much everybody hated Cyclops and him being a maniac, and it took over a year for them to actually explain the how and why. Death of X is set partly in that untold history.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Gabriel said:

I enjoyed most of the Ultimate line for what it was, but it was a great idea that was littered with mistakes because certain writers wanted to stay away from being considered too close to the 616 universe.

It isn't an ultimate title, but if you like alternate universe stuff, Mutant X was a fuck ton of fun to read. Maybe it's just that the X-Factor run starting with Havok taking over the team is one of my favorite runs, but when they sent Havok to the alternate universe where he leads a team of villains was really cool. I definitely recommend reading Mutant X. Hell, if you enjoy the characters, I'd say read X-Factor as well. Everything after the original team went back to being X-Men, all the way up to the Mutant X books are worth reading.

Oh, I'm a HUGE Havok and X-Factor fan.  Absolutely LOVED just about the entire run of X-Factor.  I'll check out Mutant X when I get a shot ... looks pretty sweet and I love a few of those characters so it might be just what I'm after.

Though in a quick search I'm not finding a Trade ... are there any?

54 minutes ago, HailtotheSickle said:

Oh, I'm a HUGE Havok and X-Factor fan.  Absolutely LOVED just about the entire run of X-Factor.  I'll check out Mutant X when I get a shot ... looks pretty sweet and I love a few of those characters so it might be just what I'm after.

Though in a quick search I'm not finding a Trade ... are there any?

I am not sure about that. I read those books when I was doing my issue by issue collecting of X-Factor, so I only purchased single issues for that one.

• Like 1

I had a thing I wanted to see so I made it happen.

cyclops color compare.png

• Like 3

10 hours ago, =BK= said:

You did a good thing there Kirkland.

Going back to your early post about Green Lantern, Green Lantern: Rebirth is a good place to start, but I'd say it wouldn't hurt to read a few select Hal Jordan related stories before that, as it will give Rebirth a bit more weight, and give you an idea of why there was a rebirth in the first place.  (An unneeded one, Kyle Rayner ftw)

Hell, I would say Emerald Twilight is pretty much an essential, and awesome, Hal Jordan story.  From there Jordan played a major part in Zero Hour and then popped up sporadically until The Final Night.   Then he spent some time as The Spectre and then came Green Lantern: Rebirth.  From there you get to do all the fun stuff they did prior to New 52 like Blackest Night and Sinestro Corps War

• Like 2

You know, aside from my break I just caught up after, I've been reading all the X-Men stuff since All New X-Men became a thing and in that time Magik has become my favorite X-Man outside of Logan and I don't even know what her mutant power is. She uses magic like Doctor Strange I know but that's not a mutant power, right?

20 minutes ago, =BK= said:

You know, aside from my break I just caught up after, I've been reading all the X-Men stuff since All New X-Men became a thing and in that time Magik has become my favorite X-Man outside of Logan and I don't even know what her mutant power is. She uses magic like Doctor Strange I know but that's not a mutant power, right?

Isn't it? Scarlet Witch is supposed to be a mutant and is a magic user.

On 14/06/2017 at 09:42, =BK= said:

I like the recolour so much better. I don't know why they insist on that red hue on X-Men covers so often. It looks absoliutely awful. It's not even a good tone of red.

42 minutes ago, =BK= said:

She's a teleporter (More powerful than lockjaw), and then she became Sorceress Supreme of Limbo. Her sword-thing only affects magical and supernatural beings, and can't actually hurt physical beings* (*exceptions exist.)

That's about it, basically a mutant who also became a magician.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

I thought her power was reality warping that looks like magic. "No more mutants" seems a bit beyond magic.

Oh and apparently Magik's power is teleportation kinda like Nightcrawler's except her midway point is limbo instead of hell.

Edit:See above.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

Bear in mind my reference point is still 1975, but Scarlet Witch's power started as her weird hex thingies, but around that point she also learned magic from the Fantastic 4's witch babysitter so I think that's separate to her mutant power. This may have been cleared up in the subsequent 42 years...

27 minutes ago, Colly said:

Bear in mind my reference point is still 1975, but Scarlet Witch's power started as her weird hex thingies, but around that point she also learned magic from the Fantastic 4's witch babysitter so I think that's separate to her mutant power. This may have been cleared up in the subsequent 42 years...

Considering its Marvel, it was probably cleared up and made muddy again about 11 different times since then.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

Not anymore. She and Quicksilver were revealed not be mutants but (I think, not too sure on this whole mess) they were abducted by the High Evolutionary when they were babies and experimented on, I believe that's what gave them their powers. Oh, and they're not Magneto's kids anymore; this was revealed in Axis when Wanda was "inverted" and tried to kill Magneto, Quicksilver and Polaris, and she cast a spell attacking her bloodline; only Quicksilver was affected, but not Magneto or Polaris. Their mother has been revealed to be Natalya Maximoff, and Django and Maria were their uncle and aunt who posed as their parents. This was probably done to better fit with the MCU.

Four pages into X-Men Blue. Everyone besides Scott and Beast are fucking obnoxious. Bobby and Jean specifically.

I read the first issue of Defenders. I enjoyed everything about it but the $5 price tag. That's some bullshit man. It wasn't any longer than a normal comic. Artificially raising the price just because of the issue number is garbage. I do appreciate any bit of Marvel that has nothing to do with Secret Empire though

9 hours ago, =BK= said:

Four pages into X-Men Blue. Everyone besides Scott and Beast are fucking obnoxious. Bobby and Jean specifically.

To add a bit. Bobby is a petulant shit that's latched to Jean's leg and Jean despite being the same age as the others acts like their mother because she's team leader now instead of Scott.

Also, I missed something. Why does OG Angel have flame wings now instead of his feathered wings?