The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

Unlimited is great, but the PC version doesn't run well on Windows XP, and my phone isn't really big enough to want to read books on it. So, if I upgrade my computer or get a tablet at some point, I'll probably pick it back up.

I know All-New X-Men is 6 months behind, having binged that all today. Shame, I was rather annoyed when I ran out of those to read. Mild spoiler to follow:

Spoiler

Although all the various X-teams running around got mildly confusing, considering in one issue there was like 5 of the buggers.

The whole X-Men scene is so damn confusing and it's a shame because there's a lot of good story and cool characters if you can sort it out.

Is there anything between Injustice 1 and Injustice 2 or am I ready to go into 2 after reading Ground Zero?

I wanna read more Green Lantern but it seems like there's no good point far back. I don't just wanna start on rebirth because I like having a huge backlog to read. Maybe I'll go to the start of New 52 but I still kinda wanna find an older point in pre-New 52 to start on.

5 hours ago, =BK= said:

I wanna read more Green Lantern but it seems like there's no good point far back. I don't just wanna start on rebirth because I like having a huge backlog to read. Maybe I'll go to the start of New 52 but I still kinda wanna find an older point in pre-New 52 to start on.

The best place to start with the Green Lantern books is with Green Lantern: Rebirth by Geoff Johns. It came out in late 2004, so that gives you a pretty big backlog to go through. It's also the place where I consider the modern Lantern stories to have started. You don't need a lot of knowledge of the characters if you start here, and it will take you through the war with Sinestro, the Blackest Night and more before you catch up to where they're at now.

• Like 1

Is that a stand alone story or just one from the X-Men comics? Because I plan on eventually reading 80's and 90's X-Men anyway.

X-Men: God Loves, Man Kills is a stand alone story. It was released as a one shot graphic novel.

I'd like to recommend Weapon X by Barry Windsor-Smith as something you all should purchase and read. It's the story of Wolverine receiving his adamantium skeleton, and Smith does a wonderful job writing, penciling, inking, and even lettering the volume.

• Like 1

Is it said anywhere why Storm can't just push the terrigen mist cloud out over the ocean over and over again?

On 2017-6-9 at 04:55, =BK= said:

Is it said anywhere why Storm can't just push the terrigen mist cloud out over the ocean over and over again?

It's too large for even Storm to push away, despite having done more ridiculous things in the past.

Also the cloud is holy to the Inhumans, so messing with the cloud and preventing people from undergoing terrigenesis is a massive sin worthy of killing everyone trying to stop the process.

• Like 1

What are the best "ULTIMATE" marvel books?  I just read the Ultimate Extinction as it was 5$ for all three books at my LCS on sale.  Wasn't horrible, just anticlimactic as the build was pretty good and then just .... yeah, thanks for playing.  

I'm usually into alternate/other-verse stuff because seeing different takes on things are a nice fresh read.  Loved the Universe X stuff but haven't actually read any Ultimate stuff outside of the Extinction ones I just got done with.  I never got into it because way back when I did try I read the X-Men Ultimate stuff and it was uh ... BAD.

I really thought Ultimate Spider-Man was one of the best Ultimate versions of any of the usual characters. I really liked Miles.

EDIT: Miles doesn't come around until Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man. I didn't care about the Ultimate version of Peter Parker. Miles was way more interesting, I thought.

41 minutes ago, HailtotheSickle said:

What are the best "ULTIMATE" marvel books?  I just read the Ultimate Extinction as it was 5$ for all three books at my LCS on sale.  Wasn't horrible, just anticlimactic as the build was pretty good and then just .... yeah, thanks for playing.  

I'm usually into alternate/other-verse stuff because seeing different takes on things are a nice fresh read.  Loved the Universe X stuff but haven't actually read any Ultimate stuff outside of the Extinction ones I just got done with.  I never got into it because way back when I did try I read the X-Men Ultimate stuff and it was uh ... BAD.

I enjoyed most of the Ultimate line for what it was, but it was a great idea that was littered with mistakes because certain writers wanted to stay away from being considered too close to the 616 universe.

It isn't an ultimate title, but if you like alternate universe stuff, Mutant X was a fuck ton of fun to read. Maybe it's just that the X-Factor run starting with Havok taking over the team is one of my favorite runs, but when they sent Havok to the alternate universe where he leads a team of villains was really cool. I definitely recommend reading Mutant X. Hell, if you enjoy the characters, I'd say read X-Factor as well. Everything after the original team went back to being X-Men, all the way up to the Mutant X books are worth reading.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Jasonmufc said:

It's too large for even Storm to push away, despite having done more ridiculous things in the past.

Also the cloud is holy to the Inhumans, so messing with the cloud and preventing people from undergoing terrigenesis is a massive sin worthy of killing everyone trying to stop the process.

Wasn't the cloud killing all mutants or some such thing?

Just now, The Chiksrara Special said:

Wasn't the cloud killing all mutants or some such thing?

If they came into contact with the cloud, they got the M-Pox. Cyclops destroyed the first (of two) clouds, and got wiped off the earth by Blackbolt for his actions. They spared the other mutants because Cyclops acted on his own.

The X-Men are wary about trying it again, knowing that the retaliation might be much much worse than just getting one guy blasted off the face of the earth. 

I don't know how far you are with your reading order, so I don't want to spoil things that happen between the X-Men and Inhumans.

• Like 1