The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

1 hour ago, =BK= said:

To add a bit. Bobby is a petulant shit that's latched to Jean's leg and Jean despite being the same age as the others acts like their mother because she's team leader now instead of Scott.

Also, I missed something. Why does OG Angel have flame wings now instead of his feathered wings?

Spoiler

Angel, Gamorra and OG Beast all got evolved by the Black Vortex. The latter two reverted back but Angel didn't, as he wanted to be different to the other Angel (who I assume is dead in this universe/world/timeline/etc).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mad Jack said:
  Hide contents

Angel, Gamorra and OG Beast all got evolved by the Black Vortex. The latter two reverted back but Angel didn't, as he wanted to be different to the other Angel (who I assume is dead in this universe/world/timeline/etc).

Spoiler

Other Angel merged with the soulless Archangel to become one nonviolent being and is with a monk setup in the mountains where he watches over the mutants there.

• Like 1

_20170619_073947.JPG

I'd read this team book.

Also something else brought up by this comic. I love that Rachel's name for teen Jean is "Baby Mama".

• Like 2

Wonder Woman has had siblings for ages. Zeus has plenty of children.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

She was sculpted from clay and given life by Aphrodite. The only child ever born on Themyscira. 

Not anymore. She's the daughter of Hippolyta and Zeus. The clay thing was a ruse to protect her from the wrath of Hera who would slaughter her and her mother because they're proof of Zeus' unfaithfulness.

Also, the idea of Diana having a real brother is kinda neat. Like, what does a society of women do with a baby boy? Bash him on the rocks? Send him away? Raise him as they do women?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

Seriously? I wish I could take that retcon and bash it on the rocks

Question. You've seen the Wonder Woman movie, yeah? Do they go into her birth at all or is it just "Here's Diana, Princess of The Amazons. That's all you need to know". 

2 minutes ago, =BK= said:

Question. You've seen the Wonder Woman movie, yeah? Do they go into her birth at all or is it just "Here's Diana, Princess of The Amazons. That's all you need to know". 

She comments about being made out of clay. It might have just been so they could hit a comedy note with Steve Trevor's reaction to that but yes it's brought up

Spoiler about Wonder Woman's origin in the movie.

IIRC, she thinks she's been created out of clay, but during their fight, Ares tells her she's the daughter of Zeus with Hippolyta and that's why she has powers no other Amazon has. I believe she has her lasso around him when he says this, so it's the truth.

Edited by Johnny Latino Heat

• 4 weeks later...

Top Shelf have announced that the finale of League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen will be released in Summer 2018 - to be honest, I was under the impression that the Nemo series was the end of this series, so that's surprised me!

Apparently it will tie up every loose end from the original series, the Black Dossier, and the Nemo trilogy to bring the series to a close.

It's set in 2996, though will also be packaged with comics of The Seven Stars, being advertised as black-and-white reprints from 1964 - given that the Seven Stars are an invention of Alan Moore, as a supergroup cobbled together from different '50s and '60s British comic book heroes, I suspect this will be a Tom Strong-esque homage to that era by Moore.

Perhaps most significantly, though, this is being sold as Alan Moore and Kevin O'Neill's final comic book, and that it will explore their love of the medium, the possibilities offered by the medium, and their reasons for leaving it. So imagine it'll all get typically meta, but very exciting.

Does anyone actually read Secret Empire? I know people were freaking out over the first couple issues and how horrible it all was but now you don't really hear about it. This makes me happy because I really hate it. I was just hoping someone could tell me it was going horrible for Marvel

It isn't, really. Secret Empire topped sales in April and May, and I imagine it'll be a top seller for June and July too..

Worst part of secret empire isn't secret empire per say, because i'll read that shit anyways because I'm reading every single main line comic they're bringing out in my masochistic quest to read it all.

But the fact that a shitload of the things I read (and thoroughly enjoyed) are now effectively on a hold for me because they're part of the Secret Empire stuff. I don't want to start reading it, because once it is done in September I want to read it completely (all 500 or so issues, prolly) with a 'perfect' reading order.

But until then, many comics are just sitting there in my list taunting me because I can't read them for the next 2-3 months. >_>

I had the idea of reading the new X-Men stuff, but found out that they also jump into SE after a few issues, so blergh.