The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

I run a Marvel Unlimited Book Club on reddit where we have a new reading assignment every week. https://www.reddit.com/r/MUBookClub/

My personal favorites over the past year running it:

• X-Men: God Loves, Man Kills by Chris Claremont
  • Moon Knight (2014) by Warren Ellis (#1-6 only, then someone else takes over and it's just okay)
  • Ultimate Spider-Man (2000) by Brian Michael Bendis
  • Deadpool (2012) by Gerry Duggan and Brian Pohsen
  • Thor: God of Thunder (2012) by Jason Aaron
  • Inhumans (1998) by Paul Jenkins
  • Black Panther (1998) by Christopher Priest
  • Runaways (2003) by Brian K. Vaughan
  • Vision (2015) by Tom King
  • Superior Foes of Spider-Man (2013) by Nick Spencer
  • Astonishing X-Men (2004) by Joss Whedon
  • Silver Surfer: Requium (2007) by J. Michael Straczynski
  • Nextwave: Agents of HATE (2006) by Warren Ellis
  • Invincible Iron Man (2008) by Matt Fraction
  • Like 1

Great thanks. Nextwave: Agents of HATE was the only thing I've not read there on my radar as it's in one of the creator spotlights on Unlimited. I've read Runaways 2004-05 and the gifted run of Astonishing X-Men so issues 1-6. I'll make note of the others

I wish to add this one, since it's brilliant.

• Hawkeye vol 4 (2013) by Matt Fraction

Completely standalone from any sort of events or other Marvel happenings, just Hawkeye (and Hawkeye) fighting some tracksuit mobsters. At the time a bit of a struggle to follow, since it made a mockery of release deadlines, but now that everything's written it's still as good as when I read it at the time.

Edited by Jasonmufc

4 hours ago, theshadow said:

I've recently been gifted a year of Marvel unlimited. I've not read many comics since maybe 2004ish except one trade collection of Guardians some Ultimate Thor and Avengers stuff and Civil war. Any recommendations?

Unlimited only hours up to about October last year releases right now for most recent things. Also mostly only read x-books in the past so any past stuff would be great too.

1.How much does a year cost?

2.Have you read Ultimate Fantastic Four?

Man that's a great deal. I'm going to have to get a year at some point.

oh dear. Was it a variant?

For FCBD I got the Wonder Woman #1 reprint and I Hate Image. My local store didn't have any of the cooler, more esoteric comics on tap and I don't have the time or energy today to go to any other stores, so that'll be about it. They were also doing 20% off TPB purchases, so I got Southern Bastards vol. 3, which I'm super-excited to read.

15 minutes ago, New Year New Srar! said:

You know what's a dick move? Putting Kamala, Spidey and all the other cool heroes on the cover of the Iron man issue I just bought and then having literally none of them be in the actual story

That sounds like the 80s and putting Wolverine on everything, with him never showing up or for like one panel.

• Like 1

Is there any Old Man Logan stuff between this

OldManLogan.jpg

And the stuff he's currently in? I just hit a All-New Wolverine issue with a bit that makes me feel like I'm missing something about him.

2 hours ago, =BK= said:

Is there any Old Man Logan stuff between this

OldManLogan.jpg

And the stuff he's currently in? I just hit a All-New Wolverine issue with a bit that makes me feel like I'm missing something about him.

Maybe the "Old man Logan" mini from secret wars (the latest event)..?

Does anyone know of a site that have listed all issues tied to events or storylines and in cronological order?  I'm thinking on getting the unlimited deal, but don't know how the have it organized....

You know, of all the things from cartoons that get into comics I'm surprised Red X from Teen Titans hasn't. Still wanna know who the second one was.