The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

Just finished reading the first storyline of the new Moon Knight run (#1-#5), and it's trippy as hell, but I want to read more because it's pretty out there in terms of writing and artwork. 

With me waiting for Civil War II to wrap up before I catch up on the event + the tie-ins + crossover stuff, I got a bit more time to get into stuff that isn't taking part in the events. 
I think the next one i'll start reading is Dr. Strange

lol @ suicide squad fan boys trying to get a petition to shut down rotten tomatoes saying they are biased in their reviews. 

1. Rotten Tomatoes doesn't do reviews. They just take reviews and base the score on those reviews.

2. bias? WB own 30% of Rotten Tomatoes, the same WB that helped produce this movie.

Some people just cannot admit that the film sucks.

edit: omg wrong thread am so sorry.

Edited by Alex.
WRONG THREAD

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else seeing a rise in Silver Age comic book prices? I've been collecting Captain America Silver Age for awhile now and I'm noticing some of the comics I've purchased over the last year have gone up 100 to 400% of what I paid for them. Granted, on most I got good deals, but I find that increase crazy and was wondering if others were seeing something similar in Silver Age comics they happen to be collecting.

I'm not sure about Silver Age books in general, but I do know the Kirby drawn issues of Captain America from the 1970s have been going up lately.

Personally, I need to find out from a good, reliable source what Amazing Spider-Man #300 is worth. Because I'm considering selling my copy.

2 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

I'm not sure about Silver Age books in general, but I do know the Kirby drawn issues of Captain America from the 1970s have been going up lately.

Personally, I need to find out from a good, reliable source what Amazing Spider-Man #300 is worth. Because I'm considering selling my copy.

what's the grade range on it?

Just finished reading Batman #5, which concluded the "I Am Gotham" story arc...

Overall, apart from Calendar Man and the Task Force X bits, this was pretty boring. Turns out this whole story was just a build up to the upcoming "Gotham Girl: Year One" series, so I'm guessing she's sticking around as a main DC character, which I don't mind, I just hope she gets a new name...

On 8/16/2016 at 15:42, GhostMachine said:

You know, I did some further research and found that it's just the Steranko's that have gone up. Outside of issue #100 and the Steranko's, the prices are consistent to what they were 6 months ago. It sucks too because I have issues 100 through 109 and now the Steranko's have gone up like 75%. I can't afford $40 for a comic book in Fair, or less, condition. I guess I'll just have to wait till I can.

26 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

Hmmm....someone told me the Kirby issues had gone up about 10 to 15% over the last couple of months. Guess they were wrong.

You could be right. I didn't do extensive research on issues I already have, except the #100 issue. So #101-109 could be up that much. I looked into those, but not much to say it's one way or the other.

• 2 weeks later...

Blackest Night is a pretty good read but its kind of hard to compare it to Flashpoint. Unlike Flashpoint where you can go in pretty blindly because its serves as a reset, it defiantly helps being somewhat familiar with the DC Universe before going into Blackest Night.