Has the Joker been cast for the Batman sequel?

Maxx

Well according to batman-on-film.com, the site the broke the news about Nolan directed and Bale starring in Batman Begins, as well as Routh playing Superman, is reporting that The Joker has been cast for the sequel to Batman Begins.

And the winner is..........

ledger_brokeback_gallery__470x320,0.jpg

:shifty:

heath.jpg

Heath Ledger!

I'm sort of on the fence, but its said that Nolan himself chose Ledger, so I'm ok with him, as Nolan hasn't made any bad decisions yet..

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, he's got the decidely unattractive part of the character down well. I can't imagine him getting the right kind of psychotic behaviour down, though.

Have you seen Sin Eater? That film scarred me for life it was so bad. Ledger was awful in it.

In all honesty, Tom Waits would have made a great Joker.

I hate you.

And, um, Heath Ledger? To play an over-the-top psychopath? Christopher Nolan, what the fuck.

He doesn't have to be over the top. He could just play Joker as a dark, brooding motherfucker who wears a clown get-up.

It's the filmmaker's to play with now. They are in a completely different Batman universe than the comics, so whatever...:rolleyes:

I'm a major Batman fan, and all I gotta say is.......ugh. I agree with CKN that Adrian Brody would be a good choice. So would Edward Norton *. Hell, I'd even say Jake Gyllenhall (or however the heck you spell his name) would make a better Joker than Heath Ledger.

If I was going to cast Heath Ledger as a Batman villain, it would be Two-Face. I think he could pull off that role a LOT better than he could the Joker.

But, I look at it this way: it could have been worse. They could have cast David Schwimmer as the Joker. :thumbsdown:

* I think Edward Norton would make a fine Joker, Two-Face or Riddler, and he's the only actor I can think of at the moment who I believe would work in any of those 3 roles.

Edited by GhostMachine

Guest Koupa Troopa

In all honesty, Tom Waits would have made a great Joker.

I hate you.

And, um, Heath Ledger? To play an over-the-top psychopath? Christopher Nolan, what the fuck.

He could just play Joker as a dark, brooding motherfucker who wears a clown get-up.

Yes, do let's take away everythng that's great about the Joker and replace it with some douche in makeup.