EWB Band 100 III Results

Jook

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After, say, 5 or 10 years of this someone should do a kind of "of the Last xxx years" kind of one. It'd probably be a more representative study.

The problem with lists like this are that they are influenced by what's happening right now.

Half of these bands have never been on the list, and most of them never will after this one. Sadly.

Frank Sinatra, Bad Religion, Pantera and Weezer?

But either way, just glad to see Sinatra on there, I didn't think he'd make 'er.

Glad to see Sinatra, Pantera, SikTh and Skindred up there, not so fussed about the others really.

The problem with lists like this are that they are influenced by what's happening right now.

Well that, and the fact that people's music tastes change.....quite a lot of the ones just listed haven't overly done much this year, but still got votes, so it isn't necessarily based on what is happening now.

Good to see Sinatra and that's a good spot for Weezer. Pantera's inclusion is nifty too, as is the inclusion of Black Rebel Motorcycle Club. I'd have to actually have listened to like most of the rest of those bands there to have an opinion there.

Nothing from my ten this time around, which isn't surprising. Kind of shocked to see Pitchshifter there, despite the British influence here on the boards. Vertical Horizon is also a bit of a surprise, given the time passed since their last hit.

Sinatra, Pantera, and Weezer get nods, which is cool. The fluctuation of positions from year to year kinda makes me think of this as '100 bands that EWB suggests' as opposed to a more fluid list, though.

I am suprised at bad Religion and Sinatra being on, but (Y) for them being here. Really Suprised at the Weezer addition (not in a good way either) and for Pantera I've only really heard WALK! by them so no real opinion there.

Nothing from my ten this time around, which isn't surprising. Kind of shocked to see Pitchshifter there, despite the British influence here on the boards. Vertical Horizon is also a bit of a surprise, given the time passed since their last hit.

Sinatra, Pantera, and Weezer get nods, which is cool. The fluctuation of positions from year to year kinda makes me think of this as '100 bands that EWB suggests' as opposed to a more fluid list, though.

Intrigued at Sinatra being on there at all, given EWB's collective taste, but thumbs up to whoever snuk that glitch in.

Same with Weezer really. They've gone way downhill in terms of popularity lately, they still sell and all but critically they don't seem to be on the radar anymore, haven't been for ages. I really like them though.

Haven't heard of a couple of the bands in the 90-81 group to be honest, and some of the others I have heard of I don't really like. Generally I avoid the Kerrang spectrum, and so it's not really my cup of tea.

Huzzah for BRMC though. They should be on the list, they deserve it, although this low down is probably the right position for them really, they're nowhere near as good as some people hype them up to be. Good show so far, EWB. Hopefully we'll start seeing some sparks fly at around 50 or so.

IF YOU CAN ONLY SEE THE WAY SHE LOVES ME MAYBE YOU'LL UNDERSTAND.

Well, I can't say I'm a huge VH fan, but is something wrong with me when I know more words to that than most of the stuff I listen to?

That's not Vertical Horizon. :shifty: