• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know! It would be so great :shifty:.

I was thinking more ANC, where my squad disappears for a month >_>

Oh man that used to kill me last year when I had Drogba/Yakubu up front for M'Boro.

Found what must be another bug. 19-year-old Stephen Mackey played 6 times in the league, and 2 times in the cup before going on loan to Ipswich for a month where he played 5 games. He's now back from the loan, and has since played 2 more league games. However, his record for 2012/13 is only 5 games for Ipswich on loan, and 2 games for me.

Which is gay.

Ok, im not going to look through 81 pages to see if anyone has mentioned the guy but... how good is Brian McBride !?

I have just finished my first season for Southampton, promoted to the Premiership, only 6 losses and it's mostly thanks to McBride who i bought for the expensive price of... 5,000 dollars. I was in horrible form for the start of the season, neither Gregorz Rasiak and Wright Phillips were delivering in the striking roll so on the last day of the transfer window, i bought McBride as a last resort.

In my favouirte game of all time on any Management Simulation, Brian McBride gave me the first win of the season on his debut, scoring in the last second of the game from 45 yards against Barnsley. From there we went on to topple West Brom from 1st place and keep that spot for the last 10 weeks, earning promotion and doing it 12 points infront of Plymouth, West Brom were 2 points behind Plymouth. They played Sunderland in the Playoff and lost which was funny because West Brom were by far the best team until i got to 1st place, also managed by Carlos Queiroz and they hammered me 7-0 on both occasions that we met up with them.

Brian McBride was the main reason for the victory, well, mostly. The top scorer in the league, best average rating in the league, 2nd most assits in our team, our captain, our target man. I cannot explain how crucial he was. Inigo Idiakez and Gareth Bale were amazing too.

But what the fuck, only 130,000 in transfer money after being promoted to the Premiership ? Surely i get 5 million or something...

well pages 62 and 64 have got my story about my last 2 southampton seasons. after securing promotion through the play offs in my first season the club was bought out by a consortium during the summer which meant i had £20million to spend.

I did sign Brian Mcbride in my first season for the extra firepower but Rasiak seemed to be doing the goods for me alone up front until the board accepted a £6million offer from a Spanish team on my behalf. try and sign Greg Halford, and Billy Sharp both good youngsters and Halford is great in the premiership as a target man up front. in my second season he was top scorer with a side with Jermain Defoe and Theo Walcott in.

never used Bale at the moment i loaned him out in the first season to Rangers for the whole season and in my premiership season loaned him to Celtic for the whole season. he spent the third on loan to various Championship and seria A teams and now in my fourth season will be looking to show what he's made of. what's his average raiting for you Maxi?

My summary of Season 3 Will be up later on today including an inspired Cup Win my first piece of silverware of the club. The whole summary with stats and pics up this afternoon.

So after three years at VILLArreal and winning everything I could possibly win with them in one season I decided to resign as boss to look for a new challenge. That's when I stumbled upon a vacant Man United managerial position after Fergie had retired. So I got the job and to my surprise Louis Saha can't stop scoring. It's like a really good incurable disease.

Can anyone explain the Work Permits rule, I was under the impression that you only needed two years in Belgium to become a national, but my ultra-promising Brazilian striker has had four sucessive season long loans there and has still not gained nationality, whereas another picked up Spanish nationality after being loaned to Osasuna for eight months!! :angry:

Well, it's actually supposed to be three years for Belgian nationality, I believe. Remember that a player can only have one second nationality, so if he already has a second non-EU passport, you're fucked.

As for the other player that got a passport early, not really sure on that part. Maybe there's a slight random element to reflect obscure citizenship rules? Maybe he'd been playing in Spain before you signed him?

Well, it's actually supposed to be three years for Belgian nationality, I believe. Remember that a player can only have one second nationality, so if he already has a second non-EU passport, you're fucked.

As for the other player that got a passport early, not really sure on that part. Maybe there's a slight random element to reflect obscure citizenship rules? Maybe he'd been playing in Spain before you signed him?

It was Celsinho, who had played for CSKA in Russia for 3 years previously, but I'm sure Russia aren't EU. And the other doesn't have a second nationality.

I've started a game as New York Red Bulls - my first foray into the MLS that I've actually given some time. I'm enjoying it and I'm only a few games in but I've only lost once. However I seem to have failed in my bid to bring Ismeal Inguiez from Pumas to New York...apparenlty a move to the US is too good for him! I just want to get a repalce ment for Youri Djorkaeff.