Football Manager 2007

Dan

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love the option to suggest that older players would be well suited to backstage roles.

For instance, urging an ageing long-serving player to become a coach. I can see that becoming immensely awesome when I start my long career game when I buy the game.

Bringing a player up from the youth team, having him become a regular member of the first team, then a coach, then eventually a manager.

Not really worth posting in this thread, but I just noticed that my midfield is currently:

Vuorinen, Turunen, Hietala, Holopainen.

Gogo FC Nightwish :shifty:

(And yes, I was sad enough to search for a Nevalainen ¬_¬ There isn't one :()

... You may continue reading stuff you care about now.

Edited by Cap'n Jean-Luc Picaaaarghd

Just got my first warning from the FA, I'm so proud!

Bellamy was denied a clear penalty against Chelsea in the Community Shield (we were 1-0 up at this point, they went onto win 2-1. Fuck Klose), so I said the referee's decision "turned the game" and was terrible.

I'm so going to end up with a touchline ban sooner rather than later.

Started a little game as Chelsea just to see the stats of all the big players, and a few things I noticed...

- "Salomon Kalou is a similar type of player to Michael Essien". Alright then.

- Signing David Villa for 30 Million creates the best strike force of all time.

- Zlatan Ibrahimovic is still waaay overrated.

- Feeder clubs will be great a few years in when you've not heard of any of the players.

- It's much, much faster than 2006, which is a great thing.....obviously.

- There are lots more decent young players, which should give the game more longevity to those of us who aren't hardcore enough to trawl the database for the next big things.

I'm loving this game. The injuries come waaaaaaay too often but I'm dealing with it. I need to make Julio Baptista a permanent player at Arsenal 'cos he's banging in goals while van Persie, Henry and Walcott are all injured. Walcott scored in nearly every pre-season game and grabbed a couple of goals before he got put on the shelf.

How long do I have to wait before I can set up another feeder club?

So I was checking the richest clubs and what not for England and was suprised to see Carlise United listed as the 3rd biggest bank balance and 1st most profitable club in England. A quick look at their information tells me that they just got taken over by a Czech business tycoon who is apparently bank rolling a revolution at the League One club, putting forward 6.5m thus far for new signings in the January sales. The club currently sits 2nd in the league so who knows where they'll end up.

In relation to Arsenal's question, I asked at the very start of my game and got turned away. Having just passed January the option came back so possibly every 6 months?

Edited by King ROOOOOOOONEY!

This game is incredible.

I've started a game as Everton (No idea why), and I'm currently 4th in the table, joint points with 3rd, having beat Man UTD 4-3 in like the 91st Minute.

I wanna take Everton through (hopefully) the Champions League next year, then I'll look for another job after that.

QPR still suck copious amounts of cock. They can't cope with a 4-4-2 diamond formation so I've decided to opt for a Chelsea-esque 4-5-1 and they still suck, just not so much.

A 4-1 win over Colchester is follwed by a 1-1 draw with Leeds, a 1-0 loss to Luton and a 0-0 draw with Southend. I'm currently at tomorrow and I'm going to try and tough it out to January and see if I can bring in some much needed acquisitions. The only thing that separates me and the last relegation slot is four points so I'm hoping Colchester keep ballsing up.

Managing Newcastle is hella frustrating. It's near impossible to bring in some good defenders with only 400,000 to spend.

I've just started my first career game with 07 as Charlton (I usually do a really game with Bradford to start but felt like change this time around) and their starting transfer budget is £15,000. That's all. So I just signed Dean Windass for £5,000 as cover since Hasselbaink was banned for six games for a headbutt and Lisbie is out for two months.

I'm currently 6th at the moment using a 4-4-1-1 formation. I swapped to a 4-4-2 and lost and got criticised for changing my tactics, even though 4-4-2 is what I'll be playing once Jimmy is back.