Football Manager 2007

Dan

Finished my first season with Barnsley. Finished 16th in the Championship (might have been 13th if not for an ATROCIOUS run of form during February/March), which seemed to 'delight' everybody since we'd been thought as certain for the drop. Not much else to note...lost in the League Cup 4th Round to Bolton, FA Cup 4th Round to Southend. Despite raising the club's balance from c.£400k to £2.9m over the season they still only give me a transfer balance of £525k this time round...grr.

Oh well, time to have a crack at improving on 16th. <_<

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmmm, I wonder what would happen if I set all the Premiership teams reputations to 2, and left it on holiday over night...

*does so*

Intersting Fact Because I'm Bored And Editing Lots Of Stuff: Tony Cottee is the highest scorer at two different Premiership clubs.

Shock and awe.

Edited by Farmer Reil

I got an error after the first season so it stopped there :(

Wasn't very interesting anyway; everyone left for Italy and Spain, as you'd expect. That's pretty much it. Chelsea won the league, Arsenal finished 14th. Spurs were second. Newcastle and Pompey avoided relegation despite being docked nine points each for falling into recievership. Reading, Bolton and Watford went down. Boooring.

Hmm, is there any way you can tell FM to save games to a different drive? It's even installed on D:, but it still saves games to C:\My Documents. But there's no more room on C:, so unless I can tell it where all the files are on D: I can't play :|

I moved the Sports Interactive folder from My Docs to D:, and I can save games to it, but I can't load games from there because it's hard-coded with the location it thinks they're in and you can't change it.

Edited by Farmer Reil

My games have been great so far.

Game 1: Won promotion with Créteil to Ligue 1 in France, cruelly relegated the next season. Quit, and took up a job in Wales, got bored, started a new game.

Game 2: Took over at Shinnik halfway through the season in the Russian Premier League, relegated on the final few minutes of the last match of the season. Screwed over, we were one of the best teams in the whole league. I had just beat the newly crowned champions CSKA as well. Became unemployed, got Canada to the quarter finals of the Gold Cup where the US beat us (despite Canada being better throughout) 3-2.

Took over at Ards in the Northern Irish Premier League, expected to finish 14th (one out of the relegation zone) and topped the league for the first time on the final day of the season, equalling Glentoran's points AND goal difference and winning the title on GOALS FOR. 15 minutes before the end of each of our final matches, Glentoran were losing 3-2 and I was drawing 2-1. I was behind 2 in goal difference. I won 3-1 and Glentoran eventually lost 4-2 thanks to a very late goal, making the goal difference even, and thus giving me the title on GD. Just awesome.

I get relegated and win the league in vice versa incidents. Oh yeah, I'm now entered into the Northern Ireland hall of fame. w00t.

Guest muddatrucker

I'm having a killer run on my FM game with Arsenal (I pick them everytime a new version comes out), currently 18 straight wins in the league, have only conceeded twice within that run, Lehmann is 39 years old - but he's the bomb - although he was at fault for the 2 conceeded.

I've not really signed anyone, apart from making Baptista's move permanent, 13 of my youth/reserve team are at Kilmarnock rocking the casbah too.