What music are you listening to?

Benji

Just started on "Elephant Shell" by Tokyo Police Club, after that I still have "Combinations" by Eisley, "May Your Heart Be The Map" by Epic45 to listen to and also "With A Lifetime To Pay" by Zero Down which I've had for absolutely ages, but just realised I hadn't ripped to my iTunes.

So my night is set. May report back with what I think of them later. Also currently obtaining the Limited Edition Vinyl copy of Foals' "Balloons", just to see what other songs they have to offer :)

Edited by ROC

Just started on "Elephant Shell" by Tokyo Police Club, after that I still have "Combinations" by Eisley, "May Your Heart Be The Map" by Epic45 to listen to and also "With A Lifetime To Pay" by Zero Down which I've had for absolutely ages, but just realised I hadn't ripped to my iTunes.

So my night is set. May report back with what I think of them later. Also currently obtaining the Limited Edition Vinyl copy of Foals' "Balloons", just to see what other songs they have to offer :)

As a guy who enjoyed the first two TPC EPs, the album on first listen is a minor disappointment. I don't mind the songs, but the longer form of a CD really seems to expose the weaknesses of the band's sound. Not to mention, my fave track from the album so far was released several months ago as a single.

• 2 weeks later...

Like It 'Ar Not by Architecture in Helsinki from Places Like This.

ILL TELL YOU ANYTHING BUT NOT THE TRUTH

MY MUM THINKS SHES IN LOVE WITH YOU AND IMM NOOOOOOT

AND JUST TO BE SURE DO YOU WANNA RIDE

LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING ABOUT NEW YORK WHEN ITS.. HAAAAAAAWT.

It's lovely. :wub:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Just Bret

Been listening to alot of Paul Gilbert solo albums such as his newest release Silence Followed by a Deafening Roar and along with his first band Racer X, such an AMAZING guitar player.

Guest Just Bret

Been listening to alot of Paul Gilbert solo albums such as his newest release Silence Followed by a Deafening Roar and along with his first band Racer X, such an AMAZING guitar player.

I was at a friend's house and the Scouting for Girls album was playing. Over the course of the day I heard the whole album at least twice. Now I'm not usually one to hate music, but I hated that album. It was so fucking dire and repetitive. Don't buy it.

I was at a friend's house and the Scouting for Girls album was playing. Over the course of the day I heard the whole album at least twice. Now I'm not usually one to hate music, but I hated that album. It was so fucking dire and repetitive. Don't buy it.

YES! I downloaded it a while back. There's 2/3 good/acceptable songs...but it's basically fucking terrible.

In the past day, the new albums by Phantom Planet, Islands, Del tha Funkee Homosapien, Jack Johnson, She & Him and most recently The Presidents of the United States of America. In order of awesomeness: Islands, She & Him, Presidents, Phantom Planet, Del and JJ. All good records though. This was the first Jack Johnson record I've really been able to stick with from start to finish, so even though I rank it last doesn't mean it was bad. The production on Del's record was really dull, but he's a great MC so I have no problem sticking with it. Phantom Planet was samey but fun, and it may get better with subsequent listens. That Presidents holds up this well is honestly a shock to me. Just so silly, witty and fun not to mention more musical diverse than ever so I really enjoyed this one. She & Him was lovely; Zooey Deschanel has a wonderful voice and it rings as being sort of Neko Case-esque (which is good for me). And Islands... awesome. I have a feeling this one is going to take over my iPod like Neon Bible did this year. Just a wonderful record with no forgettable tracks.

So... t'was a good day. :shifty: