What music are you listening to?

Benji

It is one of my office days and I just sent out the crew. Now I have the whole office to myself until interviews at 4pm so I am jamming out to Immortal Technique at max volume. Life is good.

• 5 weeks later...

(hed)pe's new CD 'The DIY Guys'. It's half live and half new tracks. The three real new tracks that haven't appeared on other albums are fucking awesome. Bloodfire is my new favourite song.. and the CD was cheap and comes with a DVD. Buy that shit!

Nas - Untitled - 8/10

Nas keeps up the consistency of Hip Hop is Dead in his diatribe of racial harmony (or lack of) in America, but none of it feels patronizing to the listener. Nas targets a lot of sources, including a great deal of his fanbase (white downloaders on "Testify") where he truthfully points out that most of them wouldn't be the type of people that helped him with social change or would do much else with his works. The production is also much improved, in which I thought he had solid production, namely Nas teaming up with Polow da Don on "Hero," the type of piece that shows what Don can add to a great rapper's song that he managed to add to a horrible rapper's works.

It's hilarious that Pitchfork seems to hate this record as well, as it's not truly a "club record" and because it patronizes the same zombiefied Pitchfork kids that would wear black and white striped shirts and bob around to Clipse as if they actually gave a shit about their drug tales. (And I love Clipse, but damn, some people need to get a hold of themselves and stop sucking the dick of all "indie-approved hip-hop".) I can't argue whether or not the mixtape preceding this album (The Nigger Tape) is better than the record, but I don't see how that takes away from this work, one that does run with simple points, but proves exactly how intelligent Nas truly is and so far is easily the best rap record of the year.

I'm listening to the newly leaked Scars on Broadway self-titled album. Quite an album, if I do say so myself. I'd wager it's better than Serj's attempt at a SOAD side project.

Though, one could argue that it basically just sounds like a new SOAD album.

Been listening to a lotta different stuff today and yesterday.

Found some Days of the New stuff on LastFM/MySpace. They're a different kind of band of the same kind that I go for. They're a post-grunge sorta band, but acoustic.

Also been playing some Trademarc songs I found on his MySpace. "I Could Never" & "All That It Seems" are good ones. With that being said, I'm not a rap fan, but Trademarc is good. Also been playing Cena's album too with it. ^_^

And MOther Love Bone's album "Apple" is a great piece of genre-mixing, taking Guns N' Roses and mashing it with the Seattle grunge scene. The epicness of "Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns" to close the album, and just goodness of the albums start with "This Is Shangrila".

And finally, Audioslave's discog.

Edited by TheModernWay