What music are you listening to?

Benji

No idea where it's from, but some acoustic jamband type stuff by Lemmy, Slim Jim Phantom of the Stray Cats and some other fella, mostly Buddy Holly covers and stuff like that. Quite nice.

Is there an actual title for the album? I'd love to hear that.

http://www.myspace.com/headcat

Quick Google search brings that up. Seems like there's one album, and a DVD, from the looks of things.

Anyway, today I'm listening mostly to Brian Wilson's new album - it's alright, pretty much what you'd expect from a 21st century Brian Wilson album - probably the best thing he's done in the last twenty years, though, miles better than the last Wilson/Van Dyke Parks collaboration. Shame it couldn't have come out sooner, though, because there's nothing like new Brian Wilson to soundtrack a summer. Hmm...to begin with I was thinking Van Dyke Parks' little spoken word monologues scattered throughout were dreadful, but they're growing me - they fit the flow of the album (something Wilson & Parks are brilliant at - their best work sounds like it could just be one long track from start to finish, there's no noticeable break between songs - Smile being the best example of that), and "Between Pictures" is actually a brilliant bit of pseudo-beat poetry.

Edited by Skummy

I've mostly been listening to Sevendust - "Chapter VII - Hope and Sorrow" recently which is a blinding album. Tracks like "Hope", "Scapegoat" and "Contradiction" just blow me away. Can't wait for these guys to storm the UK, sadly as only a support band but I have waited seven years for them to come over here.

The Mayfield Four's second album, "Second Skin". And yep, it was the band of Myles Kennedy before Alter Bridge. I may only be two songs in, but so far it's great. It's different to Alter Bridge, but the same, it's weird to describe. I guess it's slightly more Puddle of Mudd-ish as opposed to stereotypical OTT metalishness.

UPDATE: It's a good album. How they didn't catch on I'll never know.The opener, "Sick and Wrong" alone is worth it. "Sick and Wrong" on Youtube:

Edited by TheModernWay

"My life" The Game and Lil Wayne

I like the Game and I don't like Wayne, but I think this is a good song. I don't get what he means when he mentions Kurt Cobain though, because if he's insulting him, then he can fuck off.

If it's Wayne, he probably referenced him in some way because rappers like comparing themselves to fallen heroes and "martyrs" just because they're paranoid of death. Or Wayne did it in some half-witted way that's supposed to come off as clever, like tons of his stuff.

If it's Game, the guy's just name dropping because he loves the sound of names.

"My life" The Game and Lil Wayne

I like the Game and I don't like Wayne, but I think this is a good song. I don't get what he means when he mentions Kurt Cobain though, because if he's insulting him, then he can fuck off.

If it's Wayne, he probably referenced him in some way because rappers like comparing themselves to fallen heroes and "martyrs" just because they're paranoid of death. Or Wayne did it in some half-witted way that's supposed to come off as clever, like tons of his stuff.

If it's Game, the guy's just name dropping because he loves the sound of names.

Take me away, like I overdosed on cocaine

Or take me away, like a bullet from Kurt Cobain

Suicide

Those were some of the first lines by The Game. I really can't understand what most of these rappers are saying most of the time with their new hip hop slang and....their troublemaking ways.

Even though Comes With The Fall was mentioned a few pages back, I'm currently streaming their album "Beyond The Last Light" on Last.FM. HERE

One the first track at the moment, though I've already heard four of them, and it's just as godd as the better ones of those four.

Kinda like wolfmother, but a bit less of a joke. They've sure got some straight-up, no bullshit riffs. If DuVall is similar to this on Alice In Chain's new album, it'll be good.