What music are you listening to?

Benji

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot remember if I've mentioned this band before nor do I care because they need all the credit they can get; Intestine Baalism. After going through a period of really rough and tough Death metal (not that that was a bad thing) IB came with their Japanese-ism and overall detailed skill at the guitar and progressed me further into the genre of metal. Their songs vibe with the emotion while still keeping the hard edge of some really deep and hardcore metal but they manage to make it all flow together. It's like Arch Enemy meets some vivid Black Metal dream while they were all high. A very strange visualization but one that made for good music.

Lately I've been listening to some really old music. Always been a fan of Buddy Holly, but now I've gotten hooked on other bands like The Guess Who, and Little Richard as well. Thanks to Sirius, I now have a 50's and 60's Hits station that I just love. My girlfriend isn't too fond of it and reminds me that 22 years olds shouldn't be listening to it, but oh well. And after seeing AC/DC on the 4th, I've been listening to a lot of them lately as well. "The Razor's Edge" was so amazing to be heard live!

Since Donator's is not really a dedicated musical forum, I will further my post here. Most of my day today has been dedicated to music. Thus I have grabbed some stuff from Demilich, Wormed, Mumakil, Naast and Leng Tch'e, and listened to it all. A most blissful day it has been with everything from French garage rock, in the beautiful tunes from Naast, to Brazilian Brutal technideath, in form of Wormed who are absolutely epic in every aspect. The sad thing about this is that out of these five only Leng Tch'e have a "regular" album release schedule. Demilich, another technideath band (who are completely "devoid of fun"), are non-existant, Mumakil only has one album out as does Naast and Wormed have not released new material in over five years.

It is sad.

More technical death metal!

This time around it is Gorod and it is awesome. I first managed a listen to the "Leading Vision" album and then moved on to their (proposed) masterpiece in "Neirotripsicks". And I am certainly inclined to agree on the masterpiece part. A very well-made album with just the right amount of technical guitar work, off-course rhytms and brutal metal to work.

I really need a new genre to listen to. <_<

Giving 'Totally Michael' by Totally Michael a listen while trying to write an essay. Or at least I will be once giving 'Recycled Air' by The Postal Service a listen. Excellent tune to get me chilled before examining Nazi propaganda. (Y)

Lately;

"This Is Hardcore" by Pulp, for the first time in years. They're pretty much the only "Britpop" band I ever really got into, having never got into that "scene" in the slightest, although thankfully people are finally beginning to realise how Pulp were really something above and beyond all that nonsense. This is a fantastic album, even by their standards, with some great lyrics, and a really pervasive mood of decadence and desperation, but all through Jarvis Cocker's usual ironic gaze. Picked it up at a charity shop for 99p, and you can't say fairer than that.

Also, some Los Campesinos!, "Wild Honey" and "Smiley Smiley" by the Beach Boys, Micachu, Amanda Palmer, Sun Ra, The Beautiful South, Lee Hazlewood and a fantastic album by Spaceways Incorporated of jazz/funk covers/medleys of Sun Ra and Funkadelic tracks...listening to the version of Super Stupid now, and it's almost as awesome as the original.