What music are you listening to?

Benji

I'm about 5 tracks into the new Black Stone Cherry album "Folklore & Superstition". It's also available to stream on their Myspace, no Lastfm stream yet though. It's number 1 on the UK rock album charts this week and placed respectively on the normal charts, something which came as a suprise to me to be honest (but then again, the rock album chart is a bit wacky, full of old albums like Metallica's black album and Nirvana's "Nevermind" to name just two older albums in there).

Anyway, so far, the album has kept the balls-out southern rock that was awesome on their first album, but has also incorperated some balladesque type tunes too, reminding me of Shinedown. Some people on the Lastfm BSC shoutbox are saying that with this album they've "sold out" and "gone shit" with this album, which is far from true. It's pretty damn great.

"Peace Is Free" even features a choir type sound on the chorus which is just epic.

Edited by TheModernWay

Puddle of Mudd - "Famous"

Gotta love vapid musicians talking about and mocking vapid musicians. Eh, it's actually a kickass rock song. Puddle of Mudd and Godsmack are among my guilty pleasure pile of trashy 2000s rock that's awesome rock songs. Oh, and the album is probably better than Life on Display, but meh, I dunno.

Edited by ROC

Lately, I have been listening to Tech N9ne, Ne-Yo, Shwayze, Saving Abel, and some others. Definitely a fan of Tech, Shwayze and Ne-Yo, but I think Saving Abel is going to have some work to do in order to win me over as a fan. Their song "Addicted.." isn't really enough to have won me over yet.

Robert Wyatt's "Comicopera", I'd forgotten how absolutely brilliant it is. And it is. Very.

Also, "The United Colors Of Trouble Books" by Trouble Books, a band I know nothing about, but the album sleeve was printed on the inside of a Kenny Rogers LP sleeve, and it comes with handwritten lyrics sheet and a free CD copy of the same album for under a tenner. Class. Oh, and the music's pretty good too.

No idea where it's from, but some acoustic jamband type stuff by Lemmy, Slim Jim Phantom of the Stray Cats and some other fella, mostly Buddy Holly covers and stuff like that. Quite nice.

Jaguar Love's new (only?) album. It's pretty good, although not as good as Neon Blonde in the Blood Brothers offshoot stakes.

New Stereolab. NEW STEREOLAB. Shouldn't have to tell you how good that is.

Also, lots of Burning Witch, and the entire Sigh discography, because I like my metal to be ridiculous.

No idea where it's from, but some acoustic jamband type stuff by Lemmy, Slim Jim Phantom of the Stray Cats and some other fella, mostly Buddy Holly covers and stuff like that. Quite nice.

Is there an actual title for the album? I'd love to hear that.

I just got my Angelic Upstarts "Independent Singles Collection" LP in the mail today, sounds great. Definitely an album that showcased their diversity in music.

Comes With The Fall? Of the four songs I found, I thought they were pretty good.

Well, it's not exactly that he's bad, it's just that he doesn't sound like a lead singer of AIC. But that might just be because I'm trying to compare him to Layne, and IMO no one is as good as he was.

What?

He sounds A LOT like Layne Staley. It's kinda eerie, in fact.

And that was one of the reasons why I they even chose him as the singer.

Puddle of Mudd - "Famous"

Gotta love vapid musicians talking about and mocking vapid musicians. Eh, it's actually a kickass rock song. Puddle of Mudd and Godsmack are among my guilty pleasure pile of trashy 2000s rock that's awesome rock songs. Oh, and the album is probably better than Life on Display, but meh, I dunno.

All three of the Puddle of Mudd are great if you ask me. The I'd say that Life on Display slightly edges Come Clean, and even though Famous is good, isn't as good. It kinda went a bit more NIckelback, even though I like Nickelback too. Part of this is the intro to "I'm So Sure" which annoys me.

Comes With The Fall? Of the four songs I found, I thought they were pretty good.

Well, it's not exactly that he's bad, it's just that he doesn't sound like a lead singer of AIC. But that might just be because I'm trying to compare him to Layne, and IMO no one is as good as he was.

What?

I'm just not hearing it. But that might be because I can't find them anywhere but MySpace. Do you have a link to something where he sounds more like Layne?

Edited by Sheamus the Pig

What?

I'm just not hearing it.

On some songs, like the "moving" type of songs that AIC do oh so well like "Nutshell", Duvall is good, but with "Man In The Box", he's not. Don't get me wrong, he's not bad at it, its just not Staley.

Nevertheless, I hope they can get that new album before 2008 is over, what with Shinedown, Black Stone Cherry, Metallica, AC/DC, Alice In Chains and *cough*Chinese Democracy*cough* like Axl promised, it'll be a good year.

Jerry & William acoustic Nutshell -

Man In The Box -

Also, for giggles and shits, the song before MITB, feat. James Hetfield on vocals, Would? -

Edited by TheModernWay