What music are you listening to?

Benji

Guest J-Money808

The Green - Never

Tech N9ne - I'm a playa

Prince - Purple Rain

Panic at the Disco - Lyings the most fun a girl can have while keeping on all her clothes

Rootikal Riddim - Earths Rightful Ruler

At work, listening to Aske Bentzon's Talking Sounds, his first solo album in more than thirty years. It is some tight jazz-fusion and really well-done, definetely going to have to look into his older records, both his solo debut and his stuff with Buki Yamaz.

Continuing my (second, actually) jazz binge, I have been going through Miles Davis' Bitches Brew, the extended double disc version. This is some of most amazing impro-jazz I have heard in my life; I like Ornette Coleman and his free jazz compositions a lot but this just blows everything out of the water. The amount of musicianship on this album and the amount of musicians that have contributed to it is mind-blowing. If you like hard bop, or progressive jazz or even just jazz in general, Bitches Brew should be on your list of albums to listen to. Actually, it should be at the very top.

On my list of jazz bandleaders and musicians that I love, Ornette Coleman and Dave Brubeck just received some company. And I think Wes Montgomery and Sun Ra are going to join that club soon as well, can't wait to listen to them. Poor Gazz, with his hating on jazz and all. :(

I thought I heard that her other group, Evelyn Evelyn with Jason Webley, was pretty good too. I haven't listened to it myself, nor the 8in8. Haven't heard about that one until just now, actually.

Evelyn Evelyn is pretty damn gimmicky, but some of the songs are still good.

Right now I'm listening to the new Spoonboy and some older Max Levine Ensemble to get psyched for tmle's show with Good Luck.

The Krankhaus album by Angelspit. Not something many people on here will enjoy I guess, but I think it's awesome.

Just read Keith Richards' book so I've been listening to Rolling Stones quite a bit recently. Their Satanic Majesties Request is perhaps my favourite but I'm also enjoying some of their post Exile work (shudder). Particularly Some Girls. I feel so dirty.

Also listened to Keef's first solo album and Rain Dogs to complete the set.

Well that was fun.

Einstürzende Neubauten. I haven't listened to them in quite some time, but they are still awesome. Their earlier work is pretty brutal and newer stuff like for example Silence Is Sexy is just beautiful.