What music are you listening to?

Benji

Told you so. (H)

In other news, I recently decided to dive back into death metal (yes, I know, not the most celebrated genre around here), and listened to Fleshgod Apocalypse's new album Agony. After the amazing debut Oracles and the Mafia EP, I had my hopes high for one of the more interesting brutal techdeath acts to deliver another pearl; man, was I let down. It is not because the album is bad it just so... flat. They have an element of classical in their music but here they overdo it so much, basically playing hyperspeed death metal OVER classical compositions and its shit. And it annoys me so much because Fleshgod Apocalypse were riding a huge wave.

So sad. :(

Thought I would mention this here without making a new topic or digging up an old one (http://www.ewbattleground.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=15458), but WHFS is now back in Baltimore on it's own dedicated OTA non-HD channel. I wouldn't mind if they add HD capabilities for it, but it's good to have a full-fledged WHFS back and Indie 97.9 HD also kicks ass.

"In Waves" by Trivium. I'm not their biggest fan, but this was better than i expected, better than their last one "Shogun" which i didn't like at all.

Inception Of The End, Watch the World Burn, Built to Fall and Of All These Yesterdays were songs i liked most on the first listening.

Edited by The Sandman

Explosions in The Sky are pretty good, they got me started on Post-Rock. Other stuff you might enjoy: If These Trees Could Talk, This Will Destroy You, Immanu El, Maybeshewill, And so I Watch You From Afar, Long Distance Calling etc.

They're fucking brilliant live, too. Explosions in the Sky, that is. Maybe it was the dust storm going on while I was laying down listening to their set outside of the tent at Bonnaroo, maybe it was the long weekend... but I'm pretty sure they're just really damn good live.

Check out a live show if you can, won't be let down.

So I listened to Neurosis' Times of Grace and Tribes of Neurot's Grace separately. I understood both albums, I now know what they sound like apart. The whole deal with this double album thing is that you are supposed to listen to them together. This is what I am doing now.

And it is amazing.

I've been using Spotify again. I re-listened to the 8 or so Radiohead songs my friend send me to try and get me into them, and I just can't do it. I don't get them. Then I listened to Motorhead's Overkill. And then I've listened to a lot of Fightstar. They're not the most original band out there, but they're pretty decent, and I think the guy has legitimately shaken off the shackles off Busted now and proven himself.