What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

So after watching Clerks II again, I started watching about three other movies.

I watched part of the sure-to-be-classic Georgia Rule starring Lindsay Lohan, Jane Fonda, and Felicity Huffman. I stopped about the point when I realized all the points I was laughing at weren't really meant to be funny (which was about 15 minutes in). Also, I love that somehow Lindsay Lohan playing essentially Lindsay Lohan does not work. It does suck that Fonda and Huffman are stuck in the most dimensionless roles I've ever seen them in, because especially in Huffman's case, they are good talents. Maybe those screenwriters should've stopped trying to make Lohan act like a whore so much and write something worthwhile for a change. (And yes, I know I'm diatribing about 15 minutes I saw of a movie, but fuck it, do you really think Georgia Rule would get THAT much better?)

Then after that, I watched Death of a President. I don't really know why I stopped watching it because it is a decently done "alternate history" lesson. It also works at getting both sides of Bush, even with the obviously controversial idea.

But after that, I was like "fuck it" and just watched Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle again. And it was funny shit again.

I think next up will be Idiocracy because I haven't seen it yet, and I want to.

There was pretty much nothing else on TV today, so...

Bewitched - 7.5/10

Will Ferrell (outside of pure comedy roles) is underrated. Nicole Kidman is overrated. And Michael Caine is just plain awesome in anything. Not a spectacular movie, but decent and cute in places.

EDIT: Score bumped up to 7.5 due to Steve Carrell. :)

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory - 10/10

Gene Wilder's the man. 'Nuff said. :)

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - 8/10

Odd, odd movie, which is faithful to an equally odd book. The guy who played the Oompa Loompas must've had a blast. Not as good as the original movie, but good in itself.

EDIT: And RavenBlack, no offense, but I think you're the only person in the world who actually liked Bewitched.
Edited by RavenBlack

Today was like movie blowout for me as most of the films I watched were 2+ hours long

Apocalypse Now Redux - 7/10

The Abyss - 7/10

Elvis - 8/10

About Pirates of the Caribbean...

I haven't seen the first two films, and I understood all the storylines in the movie. I also missed twenty minutes of the movie with horrible stomach pains and vomiting, and when I returned to my seat I still understood the storylines.

Magicians 7/10

A film that has been harshly panned by critics, The Magicians gets over a shaky start to become a solid comedy, with a few big laughs. It's worth the watch.

Edited by Mushiking timmayy

Guest mAXi

Watched a few movies i should of watched by now over the past 2 days..

Borat (9/10)

10 Things I Hate About You (7.5/10)

The 40 Year Old Virgin (8/10)

Corpse Bride (7/10)

Spirited Away (9.5/10)

Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle (9/10)

Alpha Dog - 8/10. after reading some of the reviews I was expecting it to be bad , but I really liked this , just finished watching it for the 3rd time.

Next up is Freedom Writers