What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

I saw Disturbia a few hours ago. I recommend it. It's not a horror movie at all, and I'm glad. The first 40-50 minutes are funny and for character development purposes. The last 55 minutes or so is pretty suspenseful. Some moments in the movie are terrifying and it is pretty violent for a PG-13. I also saw The Invisible last night, which is an incredible teen drama. It is so beautifully filmed and the acting is superb. I loved it and I also recommend this as well. I rate both 10/10.

Alpha Dogs 8/10

Didn't think this would be good when I went to watch it as it had Justin Timberlake in. The film is based on actual events and near the end turns into a bit of a sad film, if no one gets a little emotional at this your all dicks I swear. Justin Timberlake on the other hand for the first time I had watched in a film his performance was good so good. I urge a lot of people to watch this as its a good film yet a sad film as the same time.

Dead Man's Cards 10/10

Its fucking British and its at its best, its stars Paul Barber who some of you will know him as Denzil in Only Fools and Horses. Don't let that put you off this is violent and a great plot to it. I won't spoil anything but you have to watch this.

Also for anyone who liked Dead Mans Shoes, watch Wilderness that is a lot like it.

Edited by Lex Luther

Igby Goes Down - 8/10 - I've watched the movie twice and I really enjoyed it each time. igby was lucky and unlucky at the same time , gets the girl loses the girl etc. lol

The Condemned

Steve Austin and other people are on death row. They get dropped on an island where they have to kill each other, last one alive gets to go free. Yep, that's pretty much it. Seriously though, if you can shut your brain off and accept some RIDICULOUS jumps in logic, there's fun to be had.

No Direction Home: 9/10

Martin Scorcese + Bob Dylan= Awesomeness. I didn't expect much less though, since its all about my favourite artist made by one of my favourite directors.

Spider-Man 3 8/10

Spider-man three lacks the same sort of exhileration in it's action scenes that Spidey 2 had, and generally doesn't flow as well as Spider-Man 2 did. The worst aspect of the film however is how much it rushes some of the characters and doesn't give ample screen time to others.

Sandman is always treated greatly, but doesn't get as much screen time as you'd like. Topher Grace is FANTASTIC as Eddie Brock, but by the time he actually becomes Venom, its more-orl-ess the end of the film! After building up James Franco' Goblin 2 for two films now, Goblins ultimate role in the film is something of a let down. There was also little to no point in bringing in Bryce Dallas Howard's Gwen Stacey to do THAT little, and a lot more could have been made of MJ/Gwen/Peter as a love triangle.

There is however much to praise. The action is by no means bad at all, and in many aspects better than the first Spider-Man outing. James Franco is really good, Topher Grace as said is fantastic, J. Jonah Jameson is as funny as ever, and Bruce Campbell is absolutley histerical as a french waitor. Generally 'disco spidey~!!!' and later 'jazz-spidey~!!!' are a bit too much, but are still hilarious.

The darker side of Spidey is explored well too.

Overall Spider-Man is enjoyable, just very enjoyable with PLENTY of humour, making it a good film overall. With a little more screen time for the villains and some of the other characters, a little less rushing through some of the plot, a few of the little touches that REALLY added to the previous films and maybe a better outing for the Goblin character and this could have been exceptional (looking back it was if there were TWO films here potentially). As it is, it's just a very enjoyable cinema experience with some hilarious, if occasionally a little it too daft humour.

Edited by Mushiking timmayy

Spider-Man 2- 8/10

Going to see Spider-Man 3 with friends today, then realized I had entirely forgotten to see Spider-Man 2 all this time (it came out when I had been in a phase where my theory was "If I buy bootleg DVDs of movies, then I'll be able to see them whenever I want!"...forgetting that once I own the movie, odds are I'll never get around to watching it...)

Wicked Little Things: 7/10 - one of the 8 movies to die for , part of the horrorfest. Basically this is Children of The Corn + Night Of The Living Dead mixed up and poured into small kiddy cups. Starts off kind of slow but by the end was into it.

The Grave Dancers : 9/10 - I'm a big fan of paranormal/ghost movies and this was a treat for me. Would have gotten a perfect score but the special effects at the end were kinda ott. Still a good movie , I've watched it three times so far.

if these two films are any indication , I'm going to love the rest of the films

See No Evil 4/10

A very bad movie all round, in terms of script, acting, visual style, the fact the character with the only real story potential dies about halfway in, in some places its average, in others it's totally dire. However, it has Kane. That is the redeeming feature, if the film has one at all. Reallt crap film mostly.

Some recent films I've watched:

Spider-Man 3 7.5/10

Daredevil 7/10

Gosford Park 7/10

Wild Hogs 7.5/10

Blades of Glory 7.5/10

The Professional - 10/10 3rd on the list of my all time favorite movies. I've seen it countless times and it never gets old

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe - 8/10

Still really awesome. Glad I watched it again the whole way through, because I was scared I would begin to dislike it, but it's good shit. And the battle scene was so much better than I remember it. Yeah, it was awesome.

Spiderman 3: 7/10

It's the best number 3 film of any superhero film but it lacks the focus of the 2nd and 1st film. Still an enjoyable film and a great start to what will become the best summer movie season ever.