What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Yeah, I saw Visioneers a few months back. I felt the same way.

I saw Death Proof last night after seeing Reservoir Dogs again in American Independent Study. It was the only Tarantino movie I had left to watch, and I can't give it a number rating. I'm just gonna say I had a great time watching it and can't see why people are hating on it so much. It was campy in all aspects, but the fact is it didn't really stick to the format it was going after (but I didn't hate that it didn't stick.)

Bottom line: I enjoyed the movie and had fun.

Yeah, I saw Visioneers a few months back. I felt the same way.

I saw Death Proof last night after seeing Reservoir Dogs again in American Independent Study. It was the only Tarantino movie I had left to watch, and I can't give it a number rating. I'm just gonna say I had a great time watching it and can't see why people are hating on it so much. It was campy in all aspects, but the fact is it didn't really stick to the format it was going after (but I didn't hate that it didn't stick.)

Bottom line: I enjoyed the movie and had fun.

Yeah, I had this same feeling. It takes a dive when it kills of the characters I liked and introduced new ones... that I didn't really care about. Not to mention less attractive. >_> but I thought it was a good time despite not being anywhere near the level of his other films.

Death Proof is awesome , have to watch it again soon :wub:.

Anyway,watched The Italian Job(2003) today. I like the movie, nothing mind blowing but a nice enough movie to watch and enjoy several times. Would probably rate it at 6/10 or 7/10.

Finally got around to watching my first Blu-Ray, Inglorious Basterds.

Holy shit this film is good. Some parts of it are hard to watch, but at the same time it manages to be very funny too. Only critique is probably it could've been a bit shorter, but not in the "hurry up and finish now" sense that you get when you normally watch a long film. But still, really excellent. Pitt's Italian is hilarious, as is Landa's "bingo" comments.

Christopher Waltz was awesome as Hans Landa too. His pipe at the start had me in stitches.

As for Blu-Ray itself, I don't know if it was just because I was wearing my glasses which I never normally do, or that combined with Blu-Ray, but it looked great. Two parts, both in the opening chapter were cool. The one was that I noticed a fly crawling up the side of Landa's milk, and just before/after that, when Landa and the French farmer enter the serious point of the conversation, you could really see the texture on the French farmer's face.

Watched From Paris With Love tonight and really enjoyed it. I didn't go into it expecting some deep storyline and am really glad I spent 8 bucks to watch it. Travolta was funny and most of the action scenes were really fun. Good movie, 3/5.

I watched two movies yesterday.First of all...

Zodiac(2007) 8/10

I really enjoyed this movie. I had some previous knowledge of the case and was interested in how it would be presented. I was astonished how they managed to keep up the tension even for me, knowing what would be the ending.Well done !

In Bruges 9,5/10

Wow :wub: This movie is exactly that type of movie that I absolutely love.The story was tremendous and the dialogues are exactly my taste. I was always torn between laughing and in the next scene being shocked and sad. I enjoys something like that and think the movie is really really great.

• Like 1

Sorority Row

Disappointing. The story has been done many times and to top it off, most of the "sorority sisters" weren't even good looking.

Awful film. Worst than what it should of actually been. It's beyond terrible.

Expected this to be over hyped shit to put it nicely. Well I bothered to actually give it a chance and was proved wrong. The visuals and effects are phenomenal. The story is absolutley brilliant and the ending is close to perfection. Just a fantastic film which pretty much everybody show watch.

Over the weekend I watched:

"Chuck" Season One - 4/5

"Chuck" Season Two - 5/5

I got hooked by watching the first episode of season 3, so I got both seasons and I thoroughly enjoyed both. Probably my favorite show ever.

"Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" Season One - 5/5

"Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" Season Two - 5/5

I downloaded both seasons for no other reason than seeing Summer Glau on an episode of "The Big Bang Theory" a couple of weeks ago and I can't lie this show is awesome. It's a shame it got canceled and that no other network picked it up.

"Zombieland" - 5/5

I saw this in the theaters when it came out and I absolutely loved it. Emma Stone :wub: and Woody Harrelson make this movie. It's a perfect mix of action and physical comedy.

"World's Greatest Dad" - 3/5

Watched it on Netflix, and I liked it. It had it's funny moments and a pretty brilliant ending. I couldn't get into it 100 percent for some reason, but still a pretty good movie.

"Gacy" - 1/5

Horrible film that Netflix recommended. Netflix normally doesn't fail me, but on this one it did.

"Wet Hot American Summer" - 3/5

My friend from work recommended I watch this. It's a pretty funny movie, but sometimes it's just too random for me. A lot of future comedy stars are in this such as: Bradley Cooper, Elizabeth Banks, Paul Rudd, Amy Poehler, Michael Ian Black and Judah Friedlander.

"Zombieland" - 5/5

I saw this in the theaters when it came out and I absolutely loved it. Emma Stone wub.gif and Woody Harrelson make this movie. It's a perfect mix of action and physical comedy.

I watched this last night.

I didn't want to rush into watching it, because when it first came out, everyone seemed to be creaming in their pants over it and I hate jumping on a bandwaggon just because others like something, so I took time and only watched last night.

That said, it's bloody brilliant. The BEST film I've seen this year (even if it's technically a 2009 film) bar none. I think you summed it up pretty well. Some of the kill scenes mixed with the very funny dialogue helped it be as good as it was. It's the first film I've watched with Emma Stone in, and I approve.

That "FASTEN YOUR SEATBELTS" tip at the beginning of the film, with the woman coming flying through the windscreen was awesome. As was Harrelson beating/shooting down zombies while on the rollercoaster.

"That place blows..."

*the girls look at him as if he's gone in their house at christmas and pissed on them*

"...my mind. Fun for all the family." :D

Dear John ***1/2 out of *****

I find it crazy all of the hate that this one has been getting. I understand it isn't at The Notebook level as far as Sparks' books turned movies, but I found the movie perfectly acceptable and rather enjoyable. I guess a lot of the hate comes from readers of the book who complained that the movie "changed too much," but I always ask to anyone who expects a line for line book to movie adaptation, "Why would you want to see that if you've already read it?" I live next to an army base myself, so I've seen a lot of the soldier/girlfriend relationship evolve/dissolve after deployment. I thought the movie was a decent enough case study about a relationship and its hardships when the two people have to be apart for an extended period of tie and how much can actually change.

I personally loved the fact that the letter recited in the beginning about how when John was shot he talked about thinking of coins, and that the last thing he thought about before he lost consciousness was "you," with "you" turning out that he wasn't talking about Savannah after all and that the letter in the beginning was to his father. It made me happy because after the shit deal he was handed by her, the movie ended being more about the relationship with him and his father instead. The part where he was in the hospital reading his letter to his father really had me chocking up.

There were some negative things. For one, nobody would be as generous with the money from his father's coin collection going to her husband after the deal he was dealt while overseas. I don't care if he realized her life turned out to be shit. Most soldiers I know of would come home and kill the bastard, not help extend his life. The ending I wasn't fond of either with the both of them meeting up again, and with everything seeming perfect.