What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Space Jam

Opening Credit Sequence: A++++++++

Rest of the Movie: About a C

Seriously, Joe Pytka's directing experience with commercials showed in that opening sequence, complete with that damn theme song. It's masterful. Then I'm watching a movie where Michael Jordan acts alongside a green screen for 80 minutes. Then Bill Murray shows up, goes HAM, and leaves. That's about a C.

I really can't take a review of Space Jam seriously if you're not even going to start to discuss Daffy Ducks performance. Really put across the anguish of being second to Bugs his whole life, possibly his best performance to date.

• Like 4

I started watching Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close or whatever it was called last night. Sweet fuck I made it less than an hour in and just stopped. What a terrible terrible film.

Sounds like audio/video problems to me.

21 Jump Street!

It's actually really quite funny! Loved the casting. Nick Offerman, Ice Cube, Chris Parnell. The cameos. Good shit.

Can't say I was a big fan of Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me. I thought it was quite boring and everything had kind of been explored in the show, to an extent. I would've been much more interested in a film which resolved the end to Season 2, but I read something about there not being enough interest in the cast. But yeah, not the quality I expected after the heights the TV show reached.

[REC]3: Genesis

A movie has not pissed me off this badly in a long, long time. It joins WaterWorld, Lady in the Water and The Happening as one of my most-hated movies.

If it wasn't a part of the [REC] franchise, it would've been a fine little campy horror movie. Predictable and cliché, but mostly fine. However, with the [REC] name attached, they not only made a shitty movie, they killed an entire series.

[REC]3: Genesis

A movie has not pissed me off this badly in a long, long time. It joins WaterWorld, Lady in the Water and The Happening as one of my most-hated movies.

If it wasn't a part of the [REC] franchise, it would've been a fine little campy horror movie. Predictable and cliché, but mostly fine. However, with the [REC] name attached, they not only made a shitty movie, they killed an entire series.

Where did you watch this? Is it on Netflix? I am scared because I enjoy the [REC] serious, but I have to see it.

It's OnDemand through Time Warner Cable right now. I'm sure it's on other cable/satellite providers right now too.

But it's $10 since it's a "see it before it's in theaters thing," which I'm usually fine with paying since it's still cheaper than going to the movies, but this movie is not worth $10.

In case you guys are wondering, the Super Mario Brothers movie is still atrocious.

The biggest laugh/groan came from this scene, which was followed immediately by someone yelling "TOO SOON!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN9fdM3eD3M