What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

B0000YEE6C.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

House of the Dead - 1.5/10 or (1/2*) In a sad twist of fate, SEGA's beloved B-movie homage to the classic zombie flicks becomes a terrible zombie flick made by a terrible director, written by terrible writers, and acted by terrible talents. From the getgo, it is clear the movie is of bad intentions, with the story focusing on people attacked by zombies on an island...and the movie is called HOUSE of the Dead. Oh, but it gets worse as death scenes are too overridden by choppily thrown in game footage that seems to give director Uwe Boll an excuse to say he tried to make it for the fans. Also, the action scenes are terribly directed with ripoff moves (bullet-time, anyone?) and poor-looking shots (that 360 thing was totally unnecessary) being the emphasis. The dialogue and plot is also cliche-ridden, with material that horror fans and even casual fans have already seen. And, of course, the acting is abysmal with only Jurgen Prochnow and Clint Howard giving MEH performances. Boy, I wonder how good those other actors are, eh. In all counts, House of the Dead is reason one why I'm never trusting Hollywood to ever make another good game adaptation, at least when somebody terrible is behind the camera of it.

B00005J761.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Sugar and Spice - 3.5/10 or (*1/2) Y'know, I hate those cliche teen movies and this made itself the perfect carbon copy for those cliches to follow. Every character in the movie is a cliche of something, rather than the genuity that broke cliche in other teen films like Bring It On and Orange County. Rather, it just portrays stereotypical unlikable cheerleaders, the type of thing seen far too much in nearly every teen movie in the past 25 years. Oh, and Mena Suvari = most overrated teen talent ever.

Blade Trinity: 7/10

And ROC, pleeeeease give us your review of Alone In The Dark (if you haven't already, haven't really checked the thread in a while...), I'd love to see your take on Uwe Boll's newest game-adaptation masterpiece, since you obviously fell in loe with House Of The Dead :D

And ROC, pleeeeease give us your review of Alone In The Dark (if you haven't already, haven't really checked the thread in a while...), I'd love to see your take on Uwe Boll's newest game-adaptation masterpiece, since you obviously fell in loe with House Of The Dead :D

By the time I'll get to catch it, AitD will probably be gone. But I'll be looking around and taking notes when Bloodrayne comes out later this year. Then again, any movie with Ben Kingsley and Michael Madsen can't be totally terrible...just look at Species.

Guest John Cena

B00067BBMS.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Wicker Park -- 8/10

This was a really good movie which I enjoyed watching. The plot was very intriguing and it was presented in a very good way. It does get confusing but as the movie goes on, all the puzzle pieces will fall into place and when you start to realize certain things, you'll be that much more impressed by how the story is told. Very good movie, I think I'll go watch it again :)

By the time I'll get to catch it, AitD will probably be gone. But I'll be looking around and taking notes when Bloodrayne comes out later this year. Then again, any movie with Ben Kingsley and Michael Madsen can't be totally terrible...just look at Species.

B0001XAPWE.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The Barbarian Invasions - ***1/2 (7.5/10)

Last year's Academy Award winner for Best Foreign Language film, "The Barbarian Invasions" is a smartly written heartwarmer, probably the best thing to come out of Quebec since Guy Lafleur. It is written and directed by revered Canadian filmmaker Denys Arcand (Stardom) and stars Rémy Girard (a two time Genie Award Winner) and Stéphane Rousseau as a father and son reunited when father Rémy is hospitalized. As his death begins to appear inevitable, Sébastien decides it best to make his father's final days as enjoyable as possible, and flies Rémy's friends into Quebec to say their drawn out goodbyes. Plenty of the plot follows son Sébastien's efforts, but the group of friends assembled in this Montreal hospital are also examined in detail. This film is extremely well written and it is because of this that the movie is very entertaining despite the characters not being remotely relatable. The group of friends are an elite bunch of intellectuals whose dialogue is remarkably scholarly, and if it weren't for the poignant shots at the lives these people lead, any viewer might come away from the film slightly soured. As it stands, this is a truly touching story of a father and son's love, and asks some stimulating questions about the meaning of life. Thumbs up; a must see for anyone looking to be slightly less embarassed by Canada's film industry.

Sleepover

(1.5/10)

Yeah. My girlfriend made me watch it and let me tell you it sucked horribly. Plot holes, bad writing, bad acting, the works. Please save a hour and a half of your life and don't see this piece of movie shit.

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels

(8.5/10)

Amazing. Guy Ritchie rules. Go and see this. Now. Stop reading this and go watch it right now, you cheek weasel.

Sean of The Dead - 9/10 - One of the greatest zombie/comedy movies ever. I love this movie

Anchorman - 4/10 I had to watch this 4 times because I kept falling asleep during the film. it had its funny moment s but most of it seemed forced and corny

Some Paul Harris Comedy Movie - 0.5/10

Don't bother looking the name up, he's an obscure southern comedian. I don't even know how my study period teacher got her hands on this, but in any case, they watched it in class the past two days and it is HORRIBLE. Everyone else in that class was busting a gut laughing, but all this guy's material consisted of was worn-out Bill Clinton jokes and some jokes about his inbred redneck family. Probably the worst "comedy" I've ever seen. I'll take Dane Cook anyday, thanks.

Lorenzo's Oil - 10/10

I liked this movie. A lot. While it didn't move me to tears (but then again, I don't tear up for much, I don't know why?) it was a great film. Nick Nolte's performance as Lorenzo's father Augusto really stood out, and I quite liked James Rebhorn's portrayal of Ellard Muscatine. The film was, imo, beautifully written and directed.

B0000YTOL2.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Cold Creek Manor- 5.5/10 Er, this movie was in the middle. It wasn't suspenseful like it was suppose to be, and it didn't have any scary parts at all. But, I still liked the movie for some reason.

B0001ME5F8.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

My Little Eye- 6.5/10 I thought this movie was pretty meh. The twist wasn't expected by me which certainley helped the grade of it. It was a pretty cool concept though. The camera angles and such in this movie made it even more scary.

B00000K19E.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The Matrix- 9/10 Fantastic movie that revolutionized the way movies are made today. I'm amazed at how big of an impact this movie has, really. Anyway, Fishburne is one of my favorite actors, and the Morpheus character is badass. So is Joe Pantoliano's character.