What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

The Punisher: 5/10

Good action but the dialouge and general acting was pretty bad except for a few characters.

In the last two days...

Fearless Hyena - **1/2 or (5/10) - (N)

Pulp Fiction - ***1/2 or (7.5/10) - (Y)

And about 10 episodes from the first season of Gilmore Girls.

....and I see Spidey 2 again tonight, I have the feeling I'll like it even more this time. I haven't been able to stop telling my friends about it.

I saw Scary Movie 3 - 2/10

Wow, did that suck or what?

It had a PG-13 rating, that's why.

Scary Movie 3 was pretty funny, IMO but just not as good as the first 2 because of the rating and lack of The Wayans being involved.

B00005JKCH.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Spider-Man - ***1/2 or (7.5/10) - (Y)

sm2_peter_onesheet.jpg

Spider-Man 2 - ***1/2 or (7.5/10) - (Y)

Boy, am I glad I saw Spider-Man 2 a second time before rating it....I probably would've given it a higher rating after the first viewing.

Angel: Season One

I'm only on disc 5 of 6, but so far, I give Angel a 7/10. The show started off very strong. It wasn't flawless, but no show ever is in it's first year, and I could probably watch this over and over again.

Plus, David Boreanaz is hot.

Cube: 8/10

I loved this little Mind Fuck of a movie. Not perfect by any means, and it's obvious that the money wasn't growing off of trees to make it, but they did a lot with what they had. Just a lot of fun.

Cube2 Hypercube: 7/10

They had more money this time, the effects were a lot better, and they had alarger cast, but it didn't make it a better movie at all. It was still a fun movie, but it wasn't as good as the original. They played up the mind fuck a lot more, which was kind of neat to see, but the one element that I loved in the first the most was sorely missing in this one.

Paycheck: 6/10

I remember when John Woo was a great director. He lost it a few years ago in my opinion, and this film is the first to come along that really shows how good he used to be. Sadly the convoluted story couldn't keep up with him here. The acting wasn't bad from anyone, although Aaron Eckhart was great as usual, but like the whole movie, nothing really stood out and made you take notice.

Spider-Man: 8/10

Rewatched in preparation for the Midnight Showing of the sequel, and it is still a fun fun movie. I can be a little more constructive now as opossed to the first 10 times I saw it though. Some small problems pop up from now and then, but it really is the best super hero movie of all of them....

Spider-Man 2: 9/10

...until now. Maybe I'm still too close to it, but all the small problems I had with the first were dealt with and played better here except for one. Spider-Man QUIPS people...he mocks and jokes under the mask. Read the comics, he always has and he always will. Aside from that, I loved it. Time number two coming this weekend.

TGC

B00005JMYA.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The Terminal - 6.5/10

Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks have worked together as an actor/director team 3 times, each time producing something unique. This time, The Terminal is a romantic comedy that is able to go beyond the date movie genre. While the beginning is a little tiresome, the overall concept of the movie is actually rather original, something one doesn't see too much nowadays. Tom Hanks and Catherine Zeta Jones are really good on screen together, and the rest of the cast fills out the film nicely. Some of the plot is ridiculous, and maybe Viktor Navorski's studiousness is a little nonsensical, but this is a movie I would recommend. Thumbs up.