What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

We watched Frozen with the kids. Take your kids to see Frozen. I liked it quite a bit actually.

I too rather liked Frozen despite the fears I took from the trailer that it would be all LOL SNOWMAN. It wasn't, so hooray.

And Stokerina was just thoroughly stunned and impressed that she didn't see the swerve coming.

Batman: Under the Red Hood, amazing. Simply stunning. Great animation, awesome voice acting. Does anyone know if there's a Batman serie like this?

As with most DC animations, I like to think it's a continuation of the old Batman: The Animated Series, which was wonderful.

But if you want more of this type of Batman, I'd say check out Young Justice and Batman Beyond if you haven't already. I'm not sure there's another Batman Animated story I enjoyed anywhere near as much as this, though.

Man I kind of adored Don Jon. I was already halfway there, but consider me well and truly on the JGL love train at this point.

I'm not sure why it got so much disinterest from critics, it was pretty great all around! I was really impressed with the directing and editing too! Makes me super hopeful for any future JGL directed films.

Man I kind of adored Don Jon. I was already halfway there, but consider me well and truly on the JGL love train at this point.

I'm not sure why it got so much disinterest from critics, it was pretty great all around! I was really impressed with the directing and editing too! Makes me super hopeful for any future JGL directed films.

I was already on the train and I loved it. Very, interested to see what he does next (if it's not Sandman).

I was already on the train and I loved it. Very, interested to see what he does next (if it's not Sandman).

I thought it was good, but I don't know how much of that was because I really, really like JGL & Scarlett Johansson. Like it was fun, but it was a little messy and, at times, a little all over the place. Thought it was a pretty solid debut and I'm really interested to see where he goes next.

I'd agree with all of that, pretty much. Though Johansson's character was very hard to sympathize with. <_<

I tend to grade on a curve with first time filmmakers though so I can forgive some of the mistakes made as long the end product is a solid film.

Started off my Christmas Week movies with Arthur Christmas. This movie is absolutely awesome and I loved every second of it. Made me tear up a couple of times. Can't wait for the next six days.

Also, I went and looked at the reviews for it on Letterboxd, and goddamn, some of those film snobs just really do not know fun.

The Hobbit was good fun, but

Fuck that ending. I don't care if something's part of a trilogy, each film should be able stand alone. That was not an ending, that was a cheap TV series cliffhanger. Really dug it up until that point, upped the first in nearly every way. But ugh.

The Hobbit was good fun, but

Fuck that ending. I don't care if something's part of a trilogy, each film should be able stand alone. That was not an ending, that was a cheap TV series cliffhanger. Really dug it up until that point, upped the first in nearly every way. But ugh.

To be fair, it's a singular book being split between three films so it's not like there's any easy way to end the first two with resolution, making it even more difficult to create a worthwhile ending.

That said, I don't mind cliffhangers so I had no issues with it.