SmackDown vs. Raw 2008

Riceman 4K

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um... the reason I said. They're trying to make it as realistic as possible by going the sports route so removing the commentary altogether would be a step in the opposite direction.

I don't turn the commentary off when I play the SmackDown games. Sure there's glitches and you can get the odd match where a line's repeated a few times but it's not terrible. Certainly no worse than any other sports games out there.

I wish they would add more outfits for various wrestlers.

Its damn stupid that wrestlers like Rey Misterio and Shawn Michaels only have had one outfit in the last few games, and what extra outfits did we get? Business suits, masked Kane, and a shirt for Carlito.

I'd like to see them give Misterio and HBK 2 or 3 different outfits, and maybe the same for the Divas. Ever if the outfits are just palette swaps instead of completely different outfits.

Really looking forward to seeing ECW in this year's game, and after watching the demo, I will definitely be making a Hardcore style wrestler.

The season mode sounded improved saying the goal is now to become a legend and it could take several multiple years to become a legend but then as he kept talking it sounded like it could be just as short as the previous season modes.

Edit - It really looks like the hardcore fighting style has a ton of things from Sabu. The Triple Jump Moonsault as well as the Arabian Facebuster.

Edited by JoeMimic

Its damn stupid that wrestlers like Rey Misterio and Shawn Michaels only have had one outfit in the last few games, and what extra outfits did we get? Business suits, masked Kane, and a shirt for Carlito.

I'd like to see them give Misterio and HBK 2 or 3 different outfits, and maybe the same for the Divas. Ever if the outfits are just palette swaps instead of completely different outfits.

Agreed, I can hardly think of anyone who wears the same thing to the ring every week (TRiple H maybe, but even he started varying boot and trunk logo colour). I'm not necessarily asking to be able to edit superstar attire myself (although that would be a welcome addition), but a couple of options at least just to keep the game looking fresh. There's no excuse given the power of the new consoles. Hell, there wasn't an excuse given the power of the last-gen consoles.

In 2007, the created titles can't be defended in computer vs. computer matches and also requires it to be one-on-one. Not to mention it doesn't remember who is champion, so hopefully these things can get fixed.

Edit - It really looks like the hardcore fighting style has a ton of things from Sabu. The Triple Jump Moonsault as well as the Arabian Facebuster.

From the IGN videos, the new style-specific moves seem to be a big contradiction; they're meant to add to the realism by making characters act like they do in reality, but nearly every single example shown was very unrealistic.

For high fliers, they showed the weird "shoulder roll" dodge - rarely, if ever, seen in WWE.

Brawlers have the MMA full mount - hardly ever seen in WWE.

Hardcore have the Arabian facebuster (not really used by anyone but Sabu), triple jump moonsault (same deal, and ridiculous when performed by someone like Sandman), chair punch (not used by anyone but Big Show), and "beat yourself over the head with a chair" (?!).

The only ones that looked even close to reality were the high flier's springboards and the rule-breaker referee grab, and even they'd get old, really quick.

On the surface it seems like yet another "one step forward, two steps back" decision from THQ.

From the IGN videos, the new style-specific moves seem to be a big contradiction; they're meant to add to the realism by making characters act like they do in reality, but nearly every single example shown was very unrealistic.

For high fliers, they showed the weird "shoulder roll" dodge - rarely, if ever, seen in WWE.

Brawlers have the MMA full mount - hardly ever seen in WWE.

Hardcore have the Arabian facebuster (not really used by anyone but Sabu), triple jump moonsault (same deal, and ridiculous when performed by someone like Sandman), chair punch (not used by anyone but Big Show), and "beat yourself over the head with a chair" (?!).

The only ones that looked even close to reality were the high flier's springboards and the rule-breaker referee grab, and even they'd get old, really quick.

On the surface it seems like yet another "one step forward, two steps back" decision from THQ.

I understand what your saying, and agree to an extent, but I don't mind the addition of new moves or styles so to speak. Really, I think this will be a enormously beneficial to making CAW's, especially for those that want to make MMA based CAW's, or other hardcore workers not involved in the WWE.

I like the `hit yourself over the head and make yourself bleed' thing from the Hardcore style, because I'll finally be able to make Jack Graves, a character I created for an e-fed I was in several years ago, but never used. I was going to use a pic of Stone Cold Steve Austin for him and his gimmick was that he was a fucking nutcase who rarely, if ever spoke. His promos were going to consist of his manager doing all the talking while Graves stood behind him continuously bashing himself over the head with a steel chair, followed by a close up of Graves grinning insanely before the picture cut out. (I abandoned the idea of using the character when I realized the promos would get old quick and never bothered even coming up with a manager for him)

I was reading that the game is being delayed because WWE has ordered THQ to remove all occurences of Benoit. including moves , commentary , crowd signs , season storylines and etc.