SmackDown vs. Raw 2008

Riceman 4K

I for one am enjoying the fact they added the tournament mode that was included on the PSP on the 07 version and I really enjoyed so I was glad they brought it into the main versions of the game. Also I'm enjoying the new roster, Cryme Tyme, CM Punk, MVP, Jeff Hardy etc. were all CAWs on 07 for me so it's nice to have them in the main roster. However I don't like the new 24/7 mode, it's very weird and sort of seems botched to me, like said above, one week I'm in the fight for the number one contendership (against Cena so brings the question of who is the champ in 24/7, Orton??) and then I'm fighting Nitro and Carlito for a movie role... doesn't make sense to ignore the number one contendership and after I win a match the cutscene afterwards sometimes still plays it out as a loss?? And when fighting the tag champs not only do they not have the belts Cryme Tyme come out to seperate entrances... :/

Edited by 619 fan

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tournament modes are alright. The King Of The Ring is good but the Beat The Clock is extremely meh, whenever you sim the computers matches they always have the same times. And have you checked if Cryme Tyme are an Alliance or a Team? If there an alliance change them to a team and they will come out together.

GM Mode is extremely crappy. ECW is almost impossible to keep everyone happy since everyone wants title shots and ECW only has one belt so they all need a shot at that one belt unlike RAW and Smackdown.

The Season mode, although botched, is good. They could of fixed those little glitches and added more cutscenes. But the training is good and all of that stuff. GM modes a bitch for making you train each superstar individually.

• Admin

I'm really enjoying the game so far - 24/7 mode is better than I thought it would be, ECW rules matches are whole heaps of fun, the presentation is top-notch, and the fighting styles make quite the difference to gameplay.

Going through trying to unlock all the legends & movesets now so I can do a proper update to all the roster, but I just want to say - custom themes are all kinds of awesome. Kane coming out to his old "Burned" theme with a nicely tweaked entrance = :)

My "delivery" arived tonight... the only thing i did right now is starting a 24/7 mode with shawn michaels (why issent he talking? esp if there only seem to be a few wrestlers in this mode? - he looks a bit like donkey of shrek in his face >_>)

When you are in training, do you see somewhre how many counters (or whatever) you need to have?

Haha, my first non training match and i am not fighting becaus i actualy needed to tell the game that i would like to play the wrestler i am playing. This is of to a great start~!

Why am i starting with 36 POints and at the bottom of the cards but go directly for the world title?

Ok, now i won a number one contenders spot, but the next thing i know is that i have to fight some dush that i beat up over a month over a movie role... i don´t even know WHO is the champion.......

...wow.

Every year, every year in the build up to Smackdown all you ever do is post something along the lines of "Tis suckz, bye KOC." and yet you still continue to play it. I say play it, I don't whether you're buying it, renting it, stealing it or what. But heck, you're going to the trouble of putting effort into a) getting it and b) playing it. Is it not possible for you to draw a line under this series and just say you won't touch it again? It just seems the only reason you touch it is to pick faults with it which seems like a shocking waste of time.

• Admin

Has anyone worked out how to unlock the arena's yet

Complete the Hall Of Fame challenges - you'll start unlocking arenas after you've completed four of them I think. You can get the "Hall of Fame" rank and unlock all the arenas without doing all the challenges - I haven't done the Hardys one, the DX one, the GM of the year one or the MITB one, but I've got all the arenas unlocked now.

Right, I managed to do it once with CM Punk I can't remember how to do it. How in the fuck do you set fire to a table?

When you have a full momentum meter, set up a table in the ring, then it should flash up "Hit Y For Finisher". Hit Y, et voila!

Question.

For someone who hasn't really enjoyed a SmackDown game since Here Comes the Pain... would I be better off with Fire Pro Returns, as match-play and customization are two of the biggest things I look for.

If the story mode in SVR was better, I'd get it too, but if it's anything like the last two years, I'll lose interest very quickly. The only thing in Fire Pro that makes me worry is the lack of a career mode, but at the same time... I don't play the WWE's career mode more than once or twice before I get bored of it... and FPR is only $20.

I'm leaning towards Fire Pro, but I'm open to reading the opinion of someone who thinks I should get SmackDown.

Question.

For someone who hasn't really enjoyed a SmackDown game since Here Comes the Pain... would I be better off with Fire Pro Returns, as match-play and customization are two of the biggest things I look for.

If the story mode in SVR was better, I'd get it too, but if it's anything like the last two years, I'll lose interest very quickly. The only thing in Fire Pro that makes me worry is the lack of a career mode, but at the same time... I don't play the WWE's career mode more than once or twice before I get bored of it... and FPR is only $20.

I'm leaning towards Fire Pro, but I'm open to reading the opinion of someone who thinks I should get SmackDown.

Well alot of people are saying 24/7 mode is pretty meh on SD this year, and from what I've seen of it, I have to agree. But I must say, the different fighting styles for everyone gives the general feel of the game something different from previous years.

Can I just say... what the fuck? This was an awesome game three years ago, when did they screw up the PS control system? It's not that different but different enough that it feels forced, horrid change, it was perfectly fine before, if it ain't broke.

Also, everything in season is horribly repetitive, the commentary began repeating within the first match. It's still all fun, but somewhere this game got very lost, probably along the time it got ported, and while I'm all for porting, don't fuck up the original in the process.

I'm an American, just so you Brits don't assume I already have the game. I'm waiting till Tuesday.

Anyway, I played the demo and the gameplay is fantastic to me. I've gone from every year, though, so someone coming into the franchise after 2-3 years is probably going to get a big block of 'wtf' thrown in their face.

I'm pretty disappointed to hear the season mode is covered in glitches. I guess it's going to be one of those work in progress things, where they just improve on it next year. I'm holding hopes they release patches to fix it, but I doubt it.

Can I just say... what the fuck? This was an awesome game three years ago, when did they screw up the PS control system? It's not that different but different enough that it feels forced, horrid change, it was perfectly fine before, if it ain't broke.

Also, everything in season is horribly repetitive, the commentary began repeating within the first match. It's still all fun, but somewhere this game got very lost, probably along the time it got ported, and while I'm all for porting, don't fuck up the original in the process.

I know last year you could revert to the old controls...which I ended up doing, because I found them difficult to use. Not sure about this year though...I think there's only 2 types you can use - Was 4 or 5 before.