MMA News and Discussion Thread

Marvin Eastman wants to show you his...

His wasn't just his forehead though, it streched up to his scalp virtually...

Also Marvin just proved the point that you don't fuck about with Vitor's knees.

EDIT:

Just to cover "Numbers" :shifty: point and because I loved that knee and the results of it (and therefore Numbahs for having reminded me of it) so much:

eastman.jpg

Strikeforce/CBS news

Source: AOLFanhouse via MMAJunkie.com:

After a successful first run on CBS in November, Strikeforce will reportedly return to the Tiffany Network in April.

According to a report from AOL FanHouse, a CBS spokesperson has confirmed that the network is interested in hosting another Strikeforce event, and the promotion's two biggest stars have verbally agreed to appear at the event.

WAMMA heavyweight champion Fedor Emelianenko and recent UFC import Dan Henderson will reportedly compete in separate fights the card, though their opponents have yet to be named.

Messages left by MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) for Strikeforce officials regarding confirmation of the new event were not immediately returned.

Details of an exact date and venue for the event also were not immediately available.

After a botched attempt at MMA programming with the now-defunct Pro Elite organization, CBS officials have stuck to a "wait-and-see" approach with Strikeforce. The network has repeatedly stated that each event would be booked on a case-by-case basis, and UFC president Dana White said he would "be surprised" if CBS officials approved a repeat performance.

After drawing an average of slightly more than 4 million viewers for the Nov. 7 "Fedor vs. Rogers" event, CBS officials have apparently decided the promotion is worth another look.

In a bit of potential saddening news for West Coast MMA fans, FanHouse's report states that the card will once again air on tape delay in the West Coast.

For the latest on the as-yet-unannounced Strikeforce on CBS show in April, stay tuned to the MMA Rumors section of MMAjunkie.com.

So UFC Undisputed 2010 was officially announced and they showed Kimbo Slice in the game and I think he was even there at the Video Awards to talk about the game. This might sound stupid, but doesn't this mean Kimbo was going to be in the UFC no matter how badly he did in The Ultimate Fighter? What if Kimbo lost to Houston Alexander, he would still have been in the game and basically the face of the game? I think so. They probably guaranteed him in a spot in the UFC before the show.

So UFC Undisputed 2010 was officially announced and they showed Kimbo Slice in the game and I think he was even there at the Video Awards to talk about the game. This might sound stupid, but doesn't this mean Kimbo was going to be in the UFC no matter how badly he did in The Ultimate Fighter? What if Kimbo lost to Houston Alexander, he would still have been in the game and basically the face of the game? I think so. They probably guaranteed him in a spot in the UFC before the show.

Are you at all suprised by that?

I mean the guy hass brought in fan-dabi-dozi ratings for the UFC which is probably better than anything he has or will put up in the win column this year and next.

Guest Mr. Grinch

Mir vs. Carwin will likely happen on March 27 (night before Wrestlemania!) to determine an interim champ. Have to think that if Lesnar's still not ready after that, the Nog/Velasquez winner will get first shot.

Also Little Nog is out with an injury, Jon Jones will replace him against Brandon Vera.

I dunno I would consider Brandon Vera near the top of 205, not a contender but we all know he can be very dangerous and the decision in his last fight was controversial as we all know, I think a couple of wins against decent opponenets and he'll be knocking on the door of contender status...

But if he got Forrest it would be a higher profile match as Forrest is Forrest and a decent draw

White shot down the idea of UFC and WEC fighters on the same cards when UFC airs two events on Versus. I think this is a bad move. It'd give the WEC guys more exposure as more people will tune in to watch UFC than they would WEC and thus if they like the WEC fights, they'd seek out WEC on Versus from that point on. Oh well. He says they will be Fight Night events on Versus, but it's not like people expected it to be anything more, really.

White also states they actually can air up to four events off of Spike. So that leaves two more. Meltzer stated that this deal was originally supposed to be a deal with ESPN but they wanted control of production like HBO wanted, so for now that won't be happening.

And Spike will air at least 10 UFC Prelim Live events in 2010. UFC 108 and 109 both will have them.

Guest Mr. Grinch

Two interesting notes from the new Observer:

-GSP has said that he'll move up to middleweight once his walking weight hits 200 (currently 195)

-Ken Shamrock tried to hold EXC up for more money before the Kimbo fight

I guess GSP/Anderson is possible after all.

I doubt that fight will ever happen. Anderson is content on moving up to 205 more frequently and GSP still has a few challenges he has to worry about before moving up. Factor in the amount of time that it will probably take St-Pierre to obtain a natural walking around weight of 200lbs then the entire landscape could be changed by then.

There are other factors as well that are often overlooked such as St-Pierre's desire to tryout for the Olympics which would include time to compete in tournaments and qualify rather than fighting.

Edited by Gene Kiniski

Well why else would GSP be moving up? That's a massive fight for UFC, if GSP is moving up, I can't image it won't happen. If GSP does in fact get himself up to 200 that is.

Edited the original response to include better detail and make a bit more sense.

Well why else would GSP be moving up? That's a massive fight for UFC, if GSP is moving up, I can't image it won't happen. If GSP does in fact get himself up to 200 that is.

St-Pierre would move up to maintain a healthy lifestyle over a 'super fight' (as it has been dubbed). He has mentioned numerous times that he would rather move up a weight class to keep from harming the body with drastic weight cuts, which he feels cutting from 200lbs would do to him in the long run. Easily for athletic and health reasons over a fight with Silva.

So Lawler/Prangley got cancelled for the Strikeforce event coming up on Saturday due to Prangley's broken hand from April.

Lawler/Benji Radach was cancelled due to Radach's hand.

Prangley stepped in as a replacement on short notice, but had an injury during training.

Kala Hose was discussed as a replacement to face Lawler, but he is sick and couldn't accept the bout on such short notice.

Nothing has been announced as to when Robbie Lawler will be back in the cage. The show on January 30th looks like it's already been loaded up, so he may be pushed back a bit farther than that.

In other news: Cris Cyborg has been approached about posing for Playboy... and I begin to REALLY wish Gina won their fight.