MMA News and Discussion Thread

Apparently Dana White has decided to 'take his hands off' Strikeforce (the network overruled some of his decisions or something...). I guess that's the beginning of the end then. In a recent interview he said he had something nice lined up for Melendez and I think he might have been referring to BJ Penn or another top lightweight fighter from the UFC. At the last PPV it was pretty clear Melendez would have to face the winner of KJ Noons vs Thomson (again). The biggest loser in all of this is Melendez as he'll have to fight a couple of times more under the Strikeforce banner without any big names going there. After Thomson it's going to be the winner of Pat Healy vs Ryan Couture/Joe Duarte or something... Who else do they have on their roster?

I had high hopes with Marquardt entering and Dana seemingly commited to SF and finding an opponent for Melendez. Now I think Strikeforce will end when the contract with the tv network expires...

Wow, just watched that. That referee should have his license revoked, the guy is of questionable consciousness from the first knee, his intelligent defense is non-existent after. There's such a thing as stopping a fight early but honestly stopping a fight early can cause people money and fame, stopping a fight late can cost someone their life.

• 4 weeks later...

Everything. Literally. It is hilarious. Mind you, I have only seen the first show (which is available on SFL's official YouTube channel, so mosey over there) but it has James Thompson against Bob Sapp as the main event, it has Jimmy Ambriz and those "Keys to Victory" cards are so dumb and useless that it is amazing. SFL 1 also has an mad womens fight, which is without a doubt the best fight on the card.

• 1 month later...

The talk of Bobby "The Man With No Cardio" Lashley in the UFC thread got me thinking that everyone should check out SFL 3 when it comes up on YouTube; simply because it has Phil Baroni doing commentary. And he was only wearing a leather jacket. And Thompson faced Lashley in the main event. And also Zelg Galešić KO'ing some useless American fighter with one of most brutal knee strikes I've seen in a long time.