Official Halo 3 Beta Topic

abundant

As must of you know, the Halo 3 Beta will be up this Wednesday, the 16th. I’m starting this thread now because the Friends and Family Program invites are being sent right this minute (Those lucky enough to be in the F&FP get to participate in the beta today), so there’s bound to be lots of beta footage coming soon. Today is also the day when Bungie and Microsoft unveil the beta to the media, so expect lots of coverage tonight.

For those who don't know, here is how you get into the beta...

People who were selected through the "Rule of Three" and halo3.com programs should have already received emails confirming whether they got in through those means or not. If you were, a second email with you Beta key will go out as soon as the Beta begins.

The way most of us are getting in is through the purchase of Crackdown, which includes the Beta access on the disc. When the Beta goes live, it can be downloaded via the in-game content downloader (right now the Halo 3 Beta option is greyed out). To access it once it's downloaded, you need to launch the Beta from Crackdown - and keep the disc in. You cannot access it from your Dashboard. Copies with the Halo 3 Beta sticker are still available.

Edited by abundant

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we can form a private room with just us EWB guys, I may be bothered enough to come try this a bit. Otherwise I may take a look in next weekend, can't be bothered to set everything up to hear a bunch of tards shout "PWNED NGH!".

Hah, nice timing by the Crackdown people with their dlc :P

I had little interest as it was with the beta, but I'll have pretty much no time to play at all now with the new CD stuff out. That being said, if I'm on when it's out and you're in need of some fresh meat, hit me up and I'll at least try it out.

My bro was lucky enough to get an early invite, so he's been playing since Friday. To be honest, the graphics don't look that much better than Halo 2, certainly not a generation apart. Although we've not got an HDTV, so it may be a different experience there. I'm not really a fan of Halo 2 multiplayer, so I probably just come across as a misery-guts, but he's ridiculously excited about it.

Anyway, he's done quite a detailed preview on his 360 site, so have a read to whet your appetites for Wednesday.

http://www.xboxelite.co.uk/index.php?do=vi...icle&id=147

For some awesome reason, i went on X-Box Live, tried to download it from the Crackdown screen, it says it wasn't available. I wait a while, then my Dashboard starts fucking up, i change the theme, that fixes it. Then i restarted the 360, and now, after like 10 tries, i can't get ANYTHING to appear on my screen. I can hear the dashboard opening but i can't see shit, as if my video plugs aren't plugged in.

Is this is a glitch, or is my 360 shitting the bed 30 minutes after the Halo 3 Beta was released?

Thats a rhetorical question, but seriously, this is wicked dumb.

I don't want to have to drive to Best Buy to cash in my money in the bank (aka: 2 Year Replacement Warranty), but i may have to.

Edited by Universal

Mine was purchased in July of 2006, so its not the first edition and i got till July of 2008 to return it for the warranty.

Interestingly enough, i unplugged my 360, completely tore all the cords out, HD, everything, aired it out for a sec, plugged it back up, to no avail. I don't understand how with 9 months of no problems, it can suddenly shit the bed.

Besides, i barely use my 360.

Update: After being on the phone with 360 Customer Service, they found my problem odd and have sent me a whole new AVI cable (i am actually in Microsoft's Warranty still), which is going to be here in a week. Damnit... WHY NOW!!! :angry:

Edited by Universal

Man, I love all the little kids and guys that live in their parent's basements sending death-threats to Bungie on their message board over this delay.

This is too funny.

I'm interested to play Halo 3, but I know Rainbow Six:Vegas is still gonna have better multiplayer.

I'm just annoyed they messed up the biggest phase of their beta testing, as surely the most people being let into it are coming via crackdown.

Like myself.

Grr.