European U21 Championships

IAceI

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha, no. I'd take plenty of our players, over plenty of yours and Italy's players. So no, it's not that hilairious in the slightest. We do have plenty of star power because most of our players are playing in the Premiership, which is better than La Liga, Serie A etc. They're playing at the highest levels against the highest quality of players.

So I hardly see whats so hiliairious.

Ok let's go through them one by one:

Goalkeepers

No Name

1 Scott Carson | Know him from FM. Other than that never heard of him.

13 Joe Hart ; Never heard of him

22 Ben Alnwick ; Same thing

Defenders

No Name

2 Justin Hoyte ; Good Player. Maybe the best Right Defender of the championship.

3 Leighton Baines ; Who?

4 Steven Taylor ; Great Defender

5 Anton Ferdinand ; Same thing

6 Gary Cahill ; Who?

14 Liam Rosenior ; Who?

20 Nedum Onuoha ; Never heard of him

23 Peter Whittingham ; Who? If he plays at Cardiff City how is he able to play against the best?

Midfielders

No Name

7 Nigel Reo-Coker ; Great Midfielder. Surely deserves a better club

9 Kieran Richardson ; Average Winger

12 Wayne Routledge ; Who?

15 James Milner ; Great Player

17 Tom Huddlestone ; Again, another player I only know through FM.

18 Mark Noble ; Never heard of him

Forwards

No Name

10 David Nugent ; Who?

11 Ashley Young ; Who?

16 Leroy Lita ; Never Heard of Him

19 Matthew Derbyshire ; Who?

21 James Vaughan ; Never heard of him

Apart from the bold ones, are the rest better than Manuel Fernandes, Joao Moutinho, Nani, Miguel Veloso, Hugo Almeida, Manuel da Costa, Marco Andreolli, Giorgio Chiellini, Riccardo Montolivo, Alberto Aquilani and Giampaolo Pazzini?

You're an idiot. Just because you're too dense to branch out and watch other leagues doesn't make any difference to the quality of those players, it just makes you look thick, especially when you retort to 'lolz only eard of him on FM rofl'.

Apart from the bold ones, are the rest better than Manuel Fernandes, Joao Moutinho, Nani, Miguel Veloso, Hugo Almeida, Manuel da Costa, Marco Andreolli, Giorgio Chiellini, Riccardo Montolivo, Alberto Aquilani and Giampaolo Pazzini?
Edited by therockbox

haha, no. I'd take plenty of our players, over plenty of yours and Italy's players. So no, it's not that hilairious in the slightest. We do have plenty of star power because most of our players are playing in the Premiership, which is better than La Liga, Serie A etc. They're playing at the highest levels against the highest quality of players.

Not that I'm siding with anyone, but my problem with the England side is that realistically, very few of the players have the legit potential to make it on the full international level. If they were really good, they'd have practically skipped the U21 team.

Well, I think that's normal, since most of them were were "made" in an English club since they're English and all...

And I don't believe in star power. If a Sporting CP's wonderkid (eg: Ronaldo) would appear in a squad-list to an English fan he wouldn't probably recognise him, but when he transfers to a new, bigger club and shows the exact same skills he showed before at his older club, he'll be admired and almost worshiped after some years and a fantastic season and World Cup <_<.

I bet there's plenty of young players out there who have lots of quality, but play in a smaller league or a smaller club, so they don't have any star-power.

Basically, what matters is quality not star-power.

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

o

that's all i gotta say, now let's see if they can keep the pressure during the extra time and stuff

hehe that was amazing

Bit less euphoric EDIT: You have to give it to england they are defending absolutely amazing, it's like a brick wall. but the second half have been all Holland, I can't see England taking this one anymore, except if it goes to penalties, then it's 50-50

Edited by Animal