Premiership 2007/08

Lineker

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ringmaster

I really like the English press. Sure Saha's a diver, let's beat that fact over the head to death and essentially ignore the fact that Joe Cole and Ashley Cole (or the Cole Brothers as that one guy on SoccerWorld keeps calling them :shifty:) dived pretty much all over the place and were generally disgraceful all over the pitch.

It's hard to say based on one performance but looks to me like Chelsea really didn't have that "we will not die" attitude they usually had under Mourinho.

Also am I the only one who thinks Grant really looks like Jol, standing there cross-armed in his track suit? >_>

That is a shit angle. It makes it look like there was no contact whatsoever, when there was.

Barely, he c/should've stayed on his feet.

Fair enough, he might've stayed on his feet. The point I was making was the fact the angle made it look like there was no contact, when there was. Players will go down after minimal contact (sometimes none) these days.

Including Mr Gerrard :pervert:

That's who it was! It was pissing me off everytime I saw Grant, couldn't think of who he looked like :P

And Saha went over backwards, he'd have gone forwards if there was enough to take him down, personally I think there was about as much contact as if he'd blown on him, if that was a penalty then you're going to have to give one every time a striker gets the ball in the box.

And am I the only one who loves that Joe Cole is now playing traditional english football, i.e. getting some blood on his boots?

That is a shit angle. It makes it look like there was no contact whatsoever, when there was.

Barely, he c/should've stayed on his feet.

Fair enough, he might've stayed on his feet. The point I was making was the fact the angle made it look like there was no contact, when there was. Players will go down after minimal contact (sometimes none) these days.

Doesn't make it OK. There was a good shot on the BBC last night that showed Ben Haim make an almost identical tackle on Rooney. Same amount of contact and roughly the same position, but Rooney stayed on his feet.

I really like the English press. Sure Saha's a diver, let's beat that fact over the head to death and essentially ignore the fact that Joe Cole and Ashley Cole (or the Cole Brothers as that one guy on SoccerWorld keeps calling them shifty.gif) dived pretty much all over the place and were generally disgraceful all over the pitch.

How fucking dare you, English players don't dive.

Nah, it doesnt make it ok, of course not. But it's not United's fault that Dean decided to give the penalty. It was just one of many mistakes he made yesterday in that case. Although like I say, I personally think it was a penalty...I'm a United fan, so I'm bound to say that.