Premiership 2007/08

Lineker

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can also see why Dowd red-carded Keane, it was a lunge that if connected could have really done some damage. Players can get sent off for a reckless/dangerous tackle even if they don't make contact, although I also thought it was a yellow.

...and agreed with Ferguson making himself appear to be a fool. Let's blame everyone but the cheating arse who dived, it was so laughably clear.

Newcastle 1-1 Arsenal

Emmanuel Eboue is a prick.

Newcastle were dominant for the most part tonight, and probably deserved all 3 points, not just a draw. And, while we criticise the ref's when they're shit, they deserve praise when they're good - Mike Dean was great tonight.

Newcastle 1-1 Arsenal

No arguements there. However he didn't do much wrong today, no diving for once, but Sagna took a tumble.

Fair result. The referee had a very good 80 minutes, but for the last 10 he just decided he didn't want to give us any decisions when we should've had two free-kicks towards the end. Either way we probably wouldn't have scored, so 1-1 is the right score.

I remember Eboue going down very easily in the box, and I remember him clutching his face when he got that last free kick.

The Arsenal fans over at XT have turned on Adebayor again. He did play shit, but it's funny to see them praise him to the heavens when he's scoring and everything's rosy, then switch like Bruce Banner when they lose.

Edited by Jimmy the Exploder

I remember Eboue going down very easily in the box, and I remember him clutching his face when he got that last free kick.

Adebayor went down easily in the box but didn't claim for anything and got up quickly so it can't really be called a dive. I don't remember Eboue doing anything in the box. Eboue holding his face...we've given up getting pissed off with him, we just laugh at his stupidity now. Great player, great pace, great crossing...fucking cheating prick which is fucking annoying.

Newcastle 1-1 Arsenal

No arguements there. However he didn't do much wrong today, no diving for once, but Sagna took a tumble.

Fair result. The referee had a very good 80 minutes, but for the last 10 he just decided he didn't want to give us any decisions when we should've had two free-kicks towards the end. Either way we probably wouldn't have scored, so 1-1 is the right score.

I think that you probably should've got the second one, but not the first. It wasn't really a clear obstruction like Taylor's was...plus, Beye (I think it was him anyhow) going down along with Adebayor helped sway the fact that no decision was made - Good defending, some might say.

I thought Dean let everything go as much as possible tonight, which helped make it a great game. Other referees wouldn't have let the challenges fly in like they did without stopping the game and reminding everyone how much of a bitch he is, and that he's in charge of the game.

Edited by Baddar D

Adebayor annoyed me today, he was having a huge go at Rosicky at one point in the 2nd half as Rosicky didn't pass to him, the reason being Adebayor was running ahead of the play and was blantantly offside, if he checked back Rosicky could have slid him in and we would have had a great chance to make it 2-0.

But 1-1 was a fair result at the end of the day, I'm just we didn't lose it right at the death.

Adebayor annoyed me today, he was having a huge go at Rosicky at one point in the 2nd half as Rosicky didn't pass to him, the reason being Adebayor was running ahead of the play and was blantantly offside, if he checked back Rosicky could have slid him in and we would have had a great chance to make it 2-0.

But 1-1 was a fair result at the end of the day, I'm just we didn't lose it right at the death.

That made me laugh. It was almost as if he'd forgotten the offside rule for a minute. And while that's unlikely, I can't really see what else he possibly could have had a go at Rosicky for.