Premiership 2007/08

Lineker

Didn't Cahill say there was a reason behind that?

I had the telly right down so couldn't hear it.

Also:

The Butterfly

As performed by: Nicolas Anelka and Yakubu

Anelka says it's a personal message to friends, but it's thought it relates to a song that his former club Fenerbahçe's fans sing about rivals Galatasaray. Yakubu's seemingly identical celebration is actually completely different. He's just reminding people of his roots: Nigeria's nickname is "The Golden Eagles".

Edited by Dan

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't Cahill say there was a reason behind that?

I had the telly right down so couldn't hear it.

Same.

Anyone who does know, let me know. I'm intrigued.

dedicated to brother, IIRC he's in jail, or something like that. Well that's what I heard. (Y)

So the X means...

:shifty:

What's so controversial about his celebration, he just done something for his brother? It's not like he stabbed a Jew in the face.

Exactly.

I don't really see what all the fuss is about. If he'd scored and then picked up a pitchside microphone and yelled something of the lines of "FREE MY BROTHER YOU CUNTS" then I'd understand it ...but it's something completely different to that.

If Tevez can send a message to his wife and daughter by bringing a pissing dummy onto the field, then surely someone can send a message to their brother without it being classed as "going too far".

His brother is locked up for 6 years for blinding a man, after savagely booting him twice in the side of the head. That is what is controversial about it. Leave all that jail shit out of football.

Guest RINGMASTER

When Joey Barton scores I want him to celebrate by pretending to take an axe to the back of Oba Martins' head.
Edited by RINGMASTER

His brother is locked up for 6 years for blinding a man, after savagely booting him twice in the side of the head. That is what is controversial about it. Leave all that jail shit out of football.

Oh I'm not doubting what his brother did was wrong, but that's the thing...it is his brother. So whatever happens he's going to stand by him, isn't he?

I suppose that was a way of letting him (if he gets to find out) and everyone else know it.

But yes, I do see why people would be annoyed by it ...especially those on the victim's side of things.

I honestly find it hard to believe that anybody who doesn't know Tim Cahill's brother personally, or was involved in the situation between him and the guy whose face he smashed in, could even have a problem with that gesture. Just a bunch of twats making something out of nothing again.

But it's not like Cahill was acting as if his brother was in the right or anything, it's just a gesture for someone he loves whose in jail. And all he did was cross his arms as if he's been handcuffed.

If he'd lifted up his shirt to reveal another shit saying "Free Myra Hindley, woohoo" then.. perhaps. Yeah okay she's dead, but... yeah QI ¬_¬