Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went with XII, while it may not be the best story - I find it to be the best in all other senses of the game, the mechanics etc. I started from the start again, despite being over half way through, but I'm taking the time to level up plenty as well as doing all the hunts.

I like grinding on this one too, mainly because I love the way you encounter enemies so much more than the random battle system of previous games.

So, anyone else have Dissidia?

It's extremely fun so far - I'm playing through the Destiny Odysseys in order (1, then 2, then 3, et al). I'm 4/5 of the way through Cecil's.

Edit: Two days later, and I've finished up all ten DOs. I started Shade Impulse with Cloud, but didn't really get too far.

Edited by TenaciousG

Five hours, and four game overs later, I finally get to see the words 'Yiazmat Vanquished' flash on screen. I was told I'd have more trouble with Zodiark, but I (just about) beat him first time. Now all I've got left is to slap around Omega Mark XII and I can finally complete the damn game.

Was thinking about X2 the other day, which I honestly really enjoy despite the amount of hate it gets. I remembered just how awesome the idea of including a 100% meter in an FF game was. I can't remember if it's been done before or since (I dont think so), but I very much enjoyed playing through X2 and trying to get 100% of the story.

Though I then got on to thinking about other FF's and realise just how much I miss being able to fly around on the Airships :( That's one of the things I miss the most about the pre-PS2 games, it was just much more fun having a world map. I'm probably in the minority but I always thought it added to the feeling of travelling all over the world when you have a world map, it just feels a lot more free than having an airship that you can tell where to go.

Was thinking about X2 the other day, which I honestly really enjoy despite the amount of hate it gets. I remembered just how awesome the idea of including a 100% meter in an FF game was. I can't remember if it's been done before or since (I dont think so), but I very much enjoyed playing through X2 and trying to get 100% of the story.

Though I then got on to thinking about other FF's and realise just how much I miss being able to fly around on the Airships :( That's one of the things I miss the most about the pre-PS2 games, it was just much more fun having a world map. I'm probably in the minority but I always thought it added to the feeling of travelling all over the world when you have a world map, it just feels a lot more free than having an airship that you can tell where to go.

Agreed, flying around in the Ragnarok in VIII is a very fond FF memory for me. Hopefully they'll have a non-autopilot airship in XIII, the improved graphics would make it even cooler I bet. Anybody know if there's going to be anything like that in the game?

Five hours, and four game overs later, I finally get to see the words 'Yiazmat Vanquished' flash on screen. I was told I'd have more trouble with Zodiark, but I (just about) beat him first time. Now all I've got left is to slap around Omega Mark XII and I can finally complete the damn game.

Zodiark, really? Zodiark's a fucking pussy. In fact I doubt I'd rate Zodiark in the 5 hardest 'megabosses' of XII. Omega Mark, Yiazmat, Behemoth King, Shadowseer and even Hell Wyrm prove much more of a bother than Zodiark.

Well yeah, I'd been lead to believe that Zodiark was stupidly hard to beat but the only problem I had was when he was down to literally his last few hit points and kept switching between his physical and magical shields before I could land the killing blow. <_<

I would definitely agree that Omega is harder than Yiazmat, when I went into the fight I didn't expect his laser to hit me that quickly. Even worse when he got down to critical health and the damage jumped from 5000 to around 8000 every fucking second. But now he's dead and I can finally go kick Vayne's ass one last time before deciding which game to go back to next...probably IX.

Well yeah, I'd been lead to believe that Zodiark was stupidly hard to beat but the only problem I had was when he was down to literally his last few hit points and kept switching between his physical and magical shields before I could land the killing blow. <_<

I would definitely agree that Omega is harder than Yiazmat, when I went into the fight I didn't expect his laser to hit me that quickly. Even worse when he got down to critical health and the damage jumped from 5000 to around 8000 every fucking second. But now he's dead and I can finally go kick Vayne's ass one last time before deciding which game to go back to next...probably IX.

With the right strategy, Yiazmat's a pushover, he just takes a few weeks to kill. Omega on the other hand is a massive, massive bastard.

Agreed, flying around in the Ragnarok in VIII is a very fond FF memory for me. Hopefully they'll have a non-autopilot airship in XIII, the improved graphics would make it even cooler I bet. Anybody know if there's going to be anything like that in the game?

I think that improved graphics is the reason why we lost the ability to drive airships. It would take a lot more to create and render a world map now compared to back in the PS1 era.

But yeah, the airships were all awesome, even before the PS1 games. Part of me wishes they would've included something with the airships in Dissidia.

Square Enix shooting for quick release outside Japan...

Kotaku reports that Square Enix President Yoichi Wada commented today about when Final Fantasy XIII will be released outside of Japan, saying it will likely be Spring.

"In the past, it's taken a year or half a year to release our gamesabroad," he said, "but this time we are aiming for an internationalrelease this Spring."

The Japanese version is set for December 17th, so releasing the U.S.version in Spring of 2010 would be a pretty quick turnaround.

Oh god, please god yes. I cannot wait for FFXIII. Next Gen Graphics and Trophies make TKz a very happy man. Trophies especially are going to be fucking amazing and from what I understand the battle system is closer to FFX this time around.