Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

I'm the opposite to a lot of people, I loved the characters and the story and the setting. Found the gameplay to be a drag and a little too grindy. I am going to get it though because the new job system thing should make it a bit more interesting and I have been dying to finish it for years also :P 

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked it up, my initial impression of Vaan are that he's no worse than Noctis, aside from his ugly late stage Michael Jackson face.

8 hours ago, Liam said:

The Gambit system it had before. Real time but with the ability to pre-load commands somewhat based on set criteria.

I had never seen the gambit system so I decided to watch a video. Yeah, I don't like the look of it to be honest and with all the other games out that I still haven't purchased, and the games coming out, I think I'm once again going to give this game a pass.

Right now I have Vaan as the ninja type class, Penelo the white mage, Balthier the knight, Fran the tiebreaker and Basch the samurai.

Ashe will likely be made a black mage. Or red mage (but then my black casting is limited)

On 7/15/2017 at 10:14, Benji said:

Anyone got any guides on who to give what jobs? I was going to wait, but I dislike levelling up but not being able to use my LP on anything.

This is a really common one I'm seeing and am kind of following, it's based largely around what weapons they all have as default

Vaan: Monk/Shikari
Balthier: White Mage/Machinist
Fran: Red Battlemage/Archer
Basch: Uhlan/Knight
Ashe: Foebreaker/Bushi
Penelo: Time Battlemage/Black Mage

I've got Van as Shikari, Penelo as a Time Battlemage, Balthier as a Machinist, Fran as a Red Battlemage and Basch as a Knight (and like 3 license board unlocks gave him 500 more HP than everyone else)

There's debate over whether or not you should use Fran as an Archer or Balthier as a Machinist as they are actually slow for those classes despite their default weapons matching them.  I've read Vaan is also a good choice for Bushi, given that he has a high chance of double and triple strikes.

This was what I went with.

Vaan - Knight/Archer - Knight for his power ability to tank, and gives access to white magic to take advantage of his magic stat. Archer gives range if needed and access to light armor.
Ashe - W.Mage/Bushi - Bushido provides good speedy attack with her atk and mag stats, whilst white mage provides healing and access to support magic. Unfortunately it means she only has access to mystic armor, but since she's only going to be attacking up close in speed, she doesn't need great defence, just to be able to jump in quick when needed and jump back out for support.
Penelo - B. Mage/Monk - Best magic user for Black Magic on attack, and Monk gives access to higher level white magic as well Light Armor. Since she's a ranged fighter she doesn't need heavy armor.
Balthier - Shikari/Uhlan - Shikari to take advantage of his speed and light armor, Uhlan provides aerial attack with spears (second fastest attacking weapon) and heavy armor for protection since he'll be close range.
Basch - Foebreaker/T.B. Mage - Foebreaker for sheer power to tank and heavy armor, and TB Mage for support.
Fran - Machinist/R.B. Mage - Secondary magic user for the weakest character in general, and machinist gun doesn't rely on stats for attack which works to her advantage.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2017 at 13:45, Ruki said:

Right now I have Vaan as the ninja type class, Penelo the white mage, Balthier the knight, Fran the tiebreaker and Basch the samurai.

Ashe will likely be made a black mage. Or red mage (but then my black casting is limited)

Vaan: Ninja/Monk

Penelo: White Mage/Archer

Balthier: Knight/spear class

Fran: Foebreaker/Time Mage

Basch: Samurai/Red Mage

Ashe: Black Mage/Machinest

Also! If you haven't tried it yet...do the Trials (main menu). Basically free LP and items.

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Benji said:

Fuck off with that, IX hasn't even come to PS4 yet :/

Wait....is it actually happening or are you just being bitter? Cause if it's the first one then WOOHOOO and if it's the second one then I want to be bitter with you!

• Like 1