Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've said it before, but FFIX is the only Final Fantasy game to ever make me cry, and it's not even the ending, it's the Black Mage Village. The Black Mage staring at the Sun got me all teared up last time I played it.

The game's on offer on the PS Store at the moment, IIRC. Tempted.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, This Is APSHAM said:

Man I forgot how much I loved this game and I barely remember a thing about it too - so I get to experience it again. :shifty:

I'd say I'm in the minority if I said that 12 was probably my favorite, yeah?

You're not alone, I've made that bold claim before.

My opinion changes like the wind as far as whether I prefer IX or XII but it's almost always too close to call.

XII definitely went up on a second play. I think time has been kind to it. It just felt way too jarring for me upon first change. I still think the Gambit system is imperfect and should allow for more than one set of Gambits so you can move between them (basically a less restrictive version of what XIII did with its roles), but it's a great system.

I enjoyed XII's battle system - it was the first Final Fantasy game where I actually enjoyed fighting monsters, rather than seeing it as a slog, or a means to an end to get to the next bit of story. It was the only game in the series where I'd gladly run around killing stuff and grinding, rather than just wanting to follow the story. Other than that, I found it pretty forgettable, and it was the point where I mostly gave up on the series.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone play FFXIV Online? I mean I definitely don't have time for it outside of WoW but I'm just wondering how it stacks up to Wow. I tried finding a streamer to watch but honestly most of them annoyed me so I couldn't watch long.

18 hours ago, The Banshee Fork said:

Does anyone play FFXIV Online? I mean I definitely don't have time for it outside of WoW but I'm just wondering how it stacks up to Wow. I tried finding a streamer to watch but honestly most of them annoyed me so I couldn't watch long.

I could never get into WoW, but I played FF14 for about a month and it was pretty ok.

• 1 month later...

From Reddit...

Sometimes people will ask how a level 1 rookie Cloud managed to sneak up on level 50 indestructible Sephiroth and stab him (not to mention what happens in the next scene, but that's out of the scope of this realization). Usually, the explanation is that Sephiroth is pretty clearly distracted by his business with Jenova at that moment, and that is a totally fair reasoning. But it just hit me that there could be further explanation.

Earlier, in the Kalm flashback, Cloud (actually Zack, of course) is excitedly doing squats, exclaiming that they had just given him some new materia and he couldn't wait to try it out. If you check the equip screen once you're able, you see that it's Pre-Emptive materia. It doesn't actually ever seem to have an effect on any of their Mt Nibel battles, but nevertheless, it's right there in the Buster Sword.

Later on, when Zack tells Cloud to kill Sephiroth, little Shinra grunt Cloud takes the Buster Sword (presumably with the Pre-Emptive materia still in it), and runs up and stabs OP Sephy in the back.

My mind never made the connection until now, and it could be a coincidence, or just a little "ha, this seems appropriate" thing that was thrown in, but I got unreasonably excited when, after 20 years, the thought entered my brain.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Playing through the FFX remaster and I just got to the Calm Lands. Managed to get 0:00:00 on the fucking chocobo training. Took an hour to do all of them, but I finally did it! And then immediately run in a Marlobo who almost wipes my party. Instantly ran for the save point. No way am I doing that over again!

Edit: Just realized... to get Anima, I missed the Destruction sphere in the first temple. And I think to get back there I need to defeat Dark Vaelfor. Which seems a little difficult 😕 Any tips for that?

5 hours ago, Ruki said:

Playing through the FFX remaster and I just got to the Calm Lands. Managed to get 0:00:00 on the fucking chocobo training. Took an hour to do all of them, but I finally did it! And then immediately run in a Marlobo who almost wipes my party. Instantly ran for the save point. No way am I doing that over again!

Edit: Just realized... to get Anima, I missed the Destruction sphere in the first temple. And I think to get back there I need to defeat Dark Vaelfor. Which seems a little difficult 😕 Any tips for that?

Actually inspired me to boot it up for the first time in several months to give it a whirl.

Back. Should be doable with Grand Summoning the Magus Sisters and using Delta Attack twice, assuming they're of sufficient strength.

On 17/01/2018 at 17:32, apsham said:

Man I forgot how much I loved this game and I barely remember a thing about it too - so I get to experience it again. :shifty:

I'd say I'm in the minority if I said that 12 was probably my favorite, yeah?

On 18/01/2018 at 05:05, Ollie said:

You're not alone, I've made that bold claim before.

My opinion changes like the wind as far as whether I prefer IX or XII but it's almost always too close to call.

12 is freaking awesome - could have used some more clear/better storytelling at points - but the gameplay and the setting are beyond fantastic