Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

1 hour ago, The Fork Fork said:

Do you still use a guide? Even to this day, I've beaten FFVIII over 30 times and I still use a guide just to make sure I don't forget anything.

I think the only thing I'd definitely need a guide for is Alexander and getting a gold chocobo. Everything else I'm fairly confident I could do without.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, apsham said:

Yeah - I'm just happy that when they do remasters now, I tend to read/see the things included as features that I was most miffed about. I think the FF12 remaster blatently said "nothing is missable now" etc.

FF12 has just a beautiful setting; too bad you can't remaster a better story

• 2 weeks later...

I mean, I'll watch it, and I get why they picked that game, but I can't say the idea makes me particularly excited. It does remind me though that I am sincerely amazed that no Final Fantasy game has been adapted into anime. I feel like Tactics would be ideal for that, or FFVI.

1 hour ago, Benji said:

I mean, I'll watch it, and I get why they picked that game, but I can't say the idea makes me particularly excited. It does remind me though that I am sincerely amazed that no Final Fantasy game has been adapted into anime. I feel like Tactics would be ideal for that, or FFVI.

Ugh, and the Final Fantasy anime that they did release was so bad. 

• 1 month later...

I only played FF13 through once when it first came out, and my memories of most of the plot specifics are extremely vague.

This paraphrased transcript (which popped up today on my FB memories) of a conversation I had when trying to follow the plot near the very end of the game does not help my understanding whatsoever:

20190803_073630.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, stokeriño said:

I only played FF13 through once when it first came out, and my memories of most of the plot specifics are extremely vague.

This paraphrased transcript (which popped up today on my FB memories) of a conversation I had when trying to follow the plot near the very end of the game does not help my understanding whatsoever:

20190803_073630.jpg

Fairly sure I can sum up the FF13 subseries plot as pretentious Mad Libs.

• 2 weeks later...

I always come back to 'Force Your Way' with FF8 but really only for the second half of its loop (i.e. from about 1:00 to 1:45), which I adore. The other half is...fine.

Agreed about JENOVA over OWA.

Weirdly the bit of FF7 music that always leaves the biggest impression on me is not battle music or any of the other more-lauded pieces. It's when you're in the Nibelheim flashblack and wake up in Shinra Manor with 'Those Chosen By The Planet' playing. It's just ominous as fuck and does an excellent job of creating unease for the upcoming Sephiroth madness.

• Like 1

I'm super excited to play through VIII again. It's my least favourite of the golden year FF games, but I hated XIII and XV so it'll be good to get that bad taste out of my mouth.

Also it'll be the first time I've played it in about 10 years or so. So that's very exciting. I replay VII and IX almost annually at this point, and it's only been a few years since I did X and XII.

Can't wait to go to space for reasons and get unreasonably angry at Irvine for not telling everyone the twist two discs earlier.

Also can't wait to hear a bunch of 'IS SQUALL DEAD!?' conspiracy theories again.

• Like 1